Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to ordering DT's peg lowering kit as well as the billet brake lever kit referenced on the peg lowering kits' page. All went well until I encountered an almost microscopic circlip or "C" Clip or whatever the hell these little boogers are called:

Here's where it goes:

The factory part bends and wouldn't retain its shape when removed. I'm not a metallurgist but something tells me this part should retain its rigidity and form, this one did not. It was rather obvious that it wouldn't take long for things to go awry in the rear braking department (as worthless as it is) should the poor quality clip fail.

I attempted to reinstall the part but it wouldn't stay in place so I decided to go to the nearest Ace Hardware store and take my chances. I wasn't disappointed. Ace had this sweet little piece of metal that worked perfectly:

.25 cents each so I splurged and bought three!

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,677 Posts
I had the peg lowering kit for 2 yrs. before installing it this spring before ECM IX. What a difference! I'm 6'2" with an arthritic knee and that 1" made my ST a joy to ride again.
I did lightly scrape a boot on the Cherohola but it was due to bad foot position on the peg. (Arch vs. ball on the peg)
Hope it works as well for you !

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the peg lowering kit for 2 yrs. before installing it this spring before ECM IX. What a difference! I'm 6'2" with an arthritic knee and that 1" made my ST a joy to ride again.
I did lightly scrape a boot on the Cherohola but it was due to bad foot position on the peg. (Arch vs. ball on the peg)
On a good day I'm 6-1 and while I was okay with the standard ST ergo's I knew the lowering kit would help. I drag/scrape my toes on my BMW K1200S when riding aggressively but if I'm mindful of the arch versus ball positioning I'm okay. I'm prepping my ST3 for a trip to South Dakota in July and will post pics and a ride report.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
A stranger let me toss a leg over his ST2 that had lowering plates. I was amazed at what 1" + felt like!

That said, I still have bone stock pegs...

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,677 Posts
If my knee could handle the stock peg position I would have left it stock.
I spent some time this winter looking for a replacement for my ST because of an engine issue and the ergos.
With the engine issue resolved and the pegs lowered my search has ended for the time being. 200 + mile rides at the ECM this spring were no problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just picked up the DT peg lowering kit and installed it last week. It's crazy how much difference 1" lower can make on the knee! My right knee still complains a little, but no where near as much with the stock peg position.

I also scraped a boot this weekend out riding, scared me, that's for sure! Also due to trying to stretch out a bit and riding with my peg way to far into my arch. As soon as I switched to the ball of my foot on my pegs, I rode a few hundred more miles of back roads with out anything except tires touching the pavement.

Now I just need to pick up a new seat to match my peg comfort level.... :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts