Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After six months of trying to convince myself the Two Bros cans on my bike were cool, I finally gave in to my inner voice and got some Italian cans! The Two Bros were definitely unique for my unique bike and had a very aggressive sound...dare I say better than Termis!:eek: They were also part of heavy mods the previous owner did to the engine/intake. I think someone in here said the were "jarring" visually.:mad:

Here are my high mount FBF Forza carbon cans! They came w/ headers (non spagetti) and had the whole system installed in 30 mins. I did have trouble finding correct high mount brackets. Thanks to a member in here I got no longer available Proitalia chromolly brackets! IMO they are gorgeous and fit the tubular frame "theme" of the bike. It was meant to be since I actually bought my bike from Proitalia in Glendale, CA. Bike feels like I may have lost 1 HP, but is a lot more civilized and I don't set off car alarms anymore.:)

BEFORE:

CIAO BELLA

OH YES THE OLD SYSTEM IS FOR SALE:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I really like your SS, but those new Ferraci mufflers are only a minor improvement to me. The carbon fiber material is good, but the bands are way too much (why do they require a double band on each muffler and why are polished alloy instead of black?). In fact, you could improve the appearance just by painting the muffler bands a gloss black, to match your new hangers. Also, the tubular hangers are good, but now they don't match the front footpeg hangers which are cast and rather flat in section. Just my opinion, of course.

·
Señor Member
8,321 Posts
Like your bike really needed any improvements. Yet it does tie in to the other carbon goodies on her. Looks good! So how much for the Two Bros?

"in God we trust"

·
Registered
432 Posts
I definitely like the new pipes better. The bike looks amazing!

·
Registered
589 Posts
They are PERFECT....don't change a thing. Please Please Please don't paint the hangers black. They look great the way they are. Great job. Looking forward to some video/audio clips.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
They are PERFECT....don't change a thing. Please Please Please don't paint the hangers black. They look great the way they are. Great job. Looking forward to some video/audio clips.
+1. Great advice. The polished alloy of the hangers is a great contrast with the carbon pipes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
looks the goods

·
Registered
536 Posts
...HUGE improvement ! Congrats .

but for some reason; that picture of you standing in front of your bike at the bottom of your posts gives me the creeps....:eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
looks great

where did you get the carbon seat
My buddy who owns an upholstery shop got this "carbon look" fabric the week I got the bike. He reshaped the seat and recovered it w/ perforated red leather and this new fabric as an experiment. I will eventually install my new rear cowl.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...HUGE improvement ! Congrats .

but for some reason; that picture of you standing in front of your bike at the bottom of your posts gives me the creeps....:eek:
:D I took that for my little nephew who thinks his uncle is a Power Ranger!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Looks great, add a CF sprocket cover and it would be perfect!
That is a bad ass SS.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice pipes. Star filter- cheesy
No Photoshop or star filters use here my friend. Just a professional Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digi cam w/ 28MM-300MM lense. (and a lot of photography exerience) You can photoshop them out if they bother you.;) Also just polised and waxed the bike prior. Maybe the fact the picture was taken during "magic hour" the hour before sunset helped make the picture more dramatic! :p

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Looks like I'm the only one who liked the original pipes better, oh well...
Imo the pipes and tubes look skinny on the bike when moved higher (because the tubes are longer)

+1 on keeping the hangers shiny metallic, don't paint them black.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Stickers

Did you also change out the stickers on both sides?

Looks Great!

·
Registered
589 Posts
No Photoshop or star filters use here my friend. Just a professional Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digi cam w/ 28MM-300MM lense. (and a lot of photography exerience) You can photoshop them out if they bother you.;) Also just polised and waxed the bike prior. Maybe the fact the picture was taken during "magic hour" the hour before sunset helped make the picture more dramatic! :p
Not sure how you get good pics with Canon?? ;) My Nikon D90 is the bomb!! All my pics were using a 17-55mm f2.8

Just kidding of course. Canon is a great camera.

Not magic hour...Golden Hour. I'll have to get some pics to compete with yours.

Bike REALLY looks amazing!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Very Nice...

M5, Bike looks Very, very nice!!! MHO is that now it looks complete! More elegant and all body parts and accessories blending very nicely! Certainly unique combo!!! Congrats on a beautiful Duc!!! Have you considered the black side sliders?? To protect your nice fairings and paint in the event of a "I hope never" mishap???

Vickon:abduct:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts