Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....just wanted to post up some pics of my 99% completed Hyper project so everybody could have a look at it. A ton of work and parts went into this thing....couldn't have done it without the info I picked up on this forum and the vendors who sponsor it...Desmoworks, PJs Parts, Motowheels. A thanks to all who made it happen.

We're tuning it this week....adding a couple more parts that were back ordered. We'll shoot it while it's in pristine shape and then it's going to be out on the road. Can't wait.

Attachments

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
I always wanted to know what a matte black Hyper would look like; now I know.

It looks bad ass dood; very well done! What other parts you putting on?

PS; and damn, who did your rims? At first, I thought they were from the 'S'. Look good!

PPS; and you powdered the motor?!?!?! Shit dood! Very nice!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's very flat....almost too flat. I'll probably change it out to a matte finish over the summer. Wheels were painted gloss black and red....my painter who handles our automotive work did all the paint. Motor is blacked out....adding some Pazzo levers today/tomorrow, Rizoma clutch reservoir and a very trick gas cap that I've been patienty waiting for.......little stuff more than anything else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love the flat black...I think I'm going to steal that idea!!!! I was going to repaint my nose piece red and I'm getting the carbon side pieces, but after seeing that.....HUMMMMM....decisions, decisions, decisions....

I love the exhaust also! I bet that sounds bad a$$!

Nice work sir!

·
1,658 Posts
Well, I like it. You waiting for an NCR gas cap too? :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Beautiful job and looks well cool!

Pics of the LHS?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting for the gas cap(thought I might be 1 of 1 on that one!....lol)....no left side pics but I will take some for you. I'll try to get them up later today or tomorrow. The left side is not nearly as sexy as the right side....

·
1,658 Posts
Ha! Well; hopefully we'll get them soon. :D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
that has to be the best looking hypermotard ive ever seen, keep up the good work its awesome. :eek:

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is the stock rear brake lever isnt it?? Looks great drilled out like that!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, that is awesome!!
That bike makes me doubt everything I have planned for mine... Great work!!
Could you get a pic in here from the rear as well, would like to see more of that tidy-tail!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're Magical Racing carbon fiber side fairings that I painted flat black.....left that part of the carbon exposed.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
that bike is freakin' sick and ever so nasty...... bad as$ for sure. one of the best looking HM's yet.

NICE!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Want more info on the exhaust. It quat D for a monster right?? how was the fit up? how much modification did it take to make it work? Can you post some more pic of the exhaust?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I still want that race tail section for my hyper. Where can i get one from. The problem with ordering one is i only speek English.

Thanks Dustin

·
Registered
355 Posts
What did you do to the frame? I like that a lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the kind words.....I was really looking forward to showing it off. I'm going to post up some detailed pics tomorrow from some different angles.....the tail section is one of my favorite parts...really trick...it should be, it took some work to get. I have a spare Desmo Challenge tail section that I may sell. Not quite sure...

The frame is brushed nickel...I did the frame on my VERY modified 748 in the brushed nickel and I was overwhelmed by how good it looked.....I'm a big fan of stainless steel and this is as close as it gets. It's amazing in person....I did the tail subframe in black and it didn't look right....had my guy do it in nickel. It's very pricey but worth every penny.

The exhaust is a QD box...built for the Hyper....only one I know of in the US...fit on like a glove and sounds like a million bucks....I had it thermal coated black....

1 - 20 of 83 Posts