Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
How did you mount it to the frame? That's a great idea. I hate that cable system the Monster has. It's a PITA taking the seat off everytime.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buddy manufactured the bracket for me. He manufactures many different brackets for other motorcycles as well. This is the only one so far for the Monster. We weren't sure if there'd be any interest for it or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Helmet lock

The bracket itself is made of 1/8 aluminum. The two bolts that support the exhaust from underneath (heads are just under the edge of the rear of the gas tank) are replaced with slightly longer SS allan head bolts. The plate bolts under the exhaust (with SS locking nuts) and extends out to the left side of the bike... The BMW lock assembly was re-keyed to fit the Duc and bolts to the bracket, also with SS hardware.....

Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bracket itself is made of 1/8 aluminum. The two bolts that support the exhaust from underneath (heads are just under the edge of the rear of the gas tank) are replaced with slightly longer SS allan head bolts. The plate bolts under the exhaust (with SS locking nuts) and extends out to the left side of the bike... The BMW lock assembly was re-keyed to fit the Duc and bolts to the bracket, also with SS hardware.....

Scott

There you go, a quote from the manufacturer himself. I'll take my bike by Scott's and we'll take some more photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Helmet lock

I have an extra one made up if anyones interested and can make more if need be....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Helmet lock bracket

I have two brackets left and are available for sale. $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping inside the US. No modifications to the bike, 20 minute install. Made of aluminum, it utilizes SS hardware... Locks are not included.

I also design/manufacture helmet lock brackets for Pirates Lair under "Easy Helmet lock" ( http://pirateslair.net/HelmetlockS.htm ) which uses the same lock assembly shown on the BMW.

Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further. Please mention Ducati lock.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have the BMW lock, part number, would you?
The helmet lock body itself should be:

Helmet Lock - #51252313472

Lock Cylinder - 51257698204

Note, BMW made 2 different lock cylinders, bring your key down and make sure you get the correct cylinder (the above # should be correct).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts