Premium Member
887 Posts
Very Cool

You always remember your first...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Nice vid, thanks for sharing.

Some advice. Take the stock handguards off next time. Pretty quick and easy thing to do as they are very fragile and expensive.

Get a set of proper guards to protect the clutch and brake lever. They are expensive as well.

Take the side panels off and buy some plastics off a cr450 dirt bike. Oem are super expensive to replace.

Tail lights and liscense plate holder come off easy as well.

Enjoy and I wish I had mine back now. Wow, that crash was scary.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So addictive. You'll be back!
Already booked in for my next track day in 3 weeks time :D

Nice vid, thanks for sharing.

Some advice. Take the stock handguards off next time. Pretty quick and easy thing to do as they are very fragile and expensive.

Get a set of proper guards to protect the clutch and brake lever. They are expensive as well.

Take the side panels off and buy some plastics off a cr450 dirt bike. Oem are super expensive to replace.

Tail lights and liscense plate holder come off easy as well.

Enjoy and I wish I had mine back now. Wow, that crash was scary.
Thanks heaps for the heads up mate.

What sort of hand guards are you running?

What mods are required to get plastic off a CRF to fit?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good on ya mate!

There are very cheap brake and clutch levers on ebay which work ok. The feel is not as good as oem but if you need cheap parts, I think they´re just right. The seller is "the2wheels" from China.

You can also get very cheap side panels from Asia. Get the ones that are fiberglass with only 1 layer of carbon. They should run you about 150$ both sides iirc.

Handguards suck, the stock stuff is horrible... and very expensive.
If you want to take a 2nd handlebar to the track, look at the ZETA stuff. Affordable and if you really need hand guards, get the ZETA items. I have them and think they´re really nice.

Nice to see someone else is tracking their Hyper! Keep going!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Great pics and video. What happened to the rider that went down is she ok? As far as hand gaurds are concerned I was looking at the Zeta - ZETA RACING - Also I think there are some cheap Chinese CF fairings you can buy off ebay. Was that a GoPro action Cam.?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics and video. What happened to the rider that went down is she ok? As far as hand gaurds are concerned I was looking at the Zeta - ZETA RACING - Also I think there are some cheap Chinese CF fairings you can buy off ebay. Was that a GoPro action Cam.?
Thanks mate, I've got a few more vids to put up of some racing action . . over the weekend.

She was fine, at first they suspected she had a broken wrist, but it turned out to be a sprain . . . the bike was a bit of a mess though.

I am considering the following front end tidy up:
- Rizoma PROGUARD Lever Protection System
- Pazzo Racing Adjustable Brake and Clutch Lever Set (short)
- Rizoma Track 77 Turn Signals
- Ducati Hypermotard Turn Signal Bracket

So you're saying that CRC fairings fit straight on? sweet if they do . . anyone got some pics?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts