Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is a great thread and encouraging to hear that you guys that are older than i am are still enjoying your Ducati super bikes. I am 42 and I thought I was a bit long in the tooth for my 998. Nonsense!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This is a great thread and encouraging to hear that you guys that are older than i am are still enjoying your Ducati super bikes. I am 42 and I thought I was a bit long in the tooth for my 998. Nonsense!
42!? Holy crap, be sensible. Sell that 998 murdercycle [to me], and get your things in order.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Reactions: dilbeckw

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I installed the Helibars yesterday, and apart from a fiddly throttle reassembly that was a quick and easy job. The first attempt resulted in a throttle that was slow to return. I tried to live with something like that once on a race bike and the resulting crash wasn't much fun at all. So I took my time about disassembling and reassembling until it was right.
The Helibars definitely make the ride more comfortable. I wasn't miserable with the stock bars, but these are certainly better. And I took it on a much better road with some long, sweeping turns and almost no traffic this time. Woo hoo!
The mirrors are worthless, but I guess I can live with that.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I installed the Helibars yesterday, and apart from a fiddly throttle reassembly that was a quick and easy job. The first attempt resulted in a throttle that was slow to return. I tried to live with something like that once on a race bike and the resulting crash wasn't much fun at all. So I took my time about disassembling and reassembling until it was right.
The Helibars definitely make the ride more comfortable. I wasn't miserable with the stock bars, but these are certainly better. And I took it on a much better road with some long, sweeping turns and almost no traffic this time. Woo hoo!
The mirrors are worthless, but I guess I can live with that.
Hey, post a photo of those puppies! The don't mention them for Ducati on their website so I wanted to see what you got. -Gordo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey, post a photo of those puppies!
Hello Gordo, I'd be happy to post some photos, but it's pretty hard to see the difference. I'll direct you to this post, though, in which the original poster used Helibars in conjunction with a SpeedyMoto top clam to gain over an inch of rise. He has a before and after photo that shows the difference.

I'm using the bars alone. There are two differences: The design of the fork clamp rides just a bit higher on the fork than the stock bars, and the Helibars are straight rather than angled down. And you've found the unfortunate fact that Helibars no longer offer their product for the 1098. I was lucky enough to find an old ad for an unused set here on this forum, contacted the seller, and he still had them and was willing to sell.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Thanks, Darrell - It appears that Ducabike makes a similar product, so I might try them if this bike gets to me the way my 998 does. Cheers! -Gordo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Extra long hex driver, I have a bondhus 3756
I ordered the tool as you recommended and used it to easily adjust the shock this afternoon. Thanks for the great tip!

Reactions: mikemat
21 - 30 of 30 Posts