Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my new baby for a month now. Riding home from work yesterday, took off from the green light, grabbed second, gave her a blip and stood her on one wheel. Nothing dramatic, just a nice smooth power wheelie for a hundred yards. Put the front down and ran her up to 95 nice and smooth. Came over the top of the hill and noticed the flashing lights behind me. Pulled over on a side street and got off the bike. Turned around and noticed Orange County sheriff pointing a gun at me. Took off my helmet and said hello. He asked what the hell I was doing. I said sorry, just got the bike a month ago, Bday present for my 50th Bday. Just enjoying the ride home. He said I did a wheelie right past him and he had to do 110 just to catch me and had I ever been in jail. I said it had been over 30 years since I had been in jail, and apoligized for the wheelie and speed. I told him I have been riding bikes for over 40 years (Street and dirt) and normally don't ride that fast, just got a bit carried away with the moment. He asked me my profession and told him I am a civil engineer, trying to get home to coach my son's soccer team. He just looked at me and said "Stop doing wheelies". He handed me my license back and said get out of here.

Right before he walked away he took a look at the Hyper and siad "Beautiful bike".

I said "thanks", got on my baby and rode off.

Phwewwwww!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice 1...

Like the gun action

·
Registered
27 Posts
I call tell you right now, the gun was pointed because you probably hopped off your bike before he told you to do so. As an officer, you never know what to expect, but even then, the gun shouldn't have been. Nice story though. Gotta love those types of endings. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am sure it's still a surprise to them to see some gray hair when you take your helmet off.... I usually get "A man your age doesn't want this kind of trouble" LOL

·
Registered
757 Posts
he didn't try to borrow it? :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
LOL!!

"Nobody, and I mean NOBODY makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possum's pecker."

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
"look daddy , that red motorbike is driving on one wheel !!" "nooo shit Jr !!.......now we're in hott per suit"

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm just glad I'm not the only old fart on a Hyper. I'm 51..... :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see you are in Oxnard, we are going to do a run up there in a couple of weeks. Get up into Ojai, run south, do some Angeles Crest, Big T, Little T, etc.

Let me know if you are interested, I'll keep you in the loop. Intermediate group, couple of moderately fast guys, couple of slow guys.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
Yah you got lucky...
Well at least you didn't have to say it is only skin...:eek::mad::)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Let's go! I've just been doing Hwy. 33 north of Ojai and the Malibu canyons. Haven't gotten to Angeles Crest yet. We have a little group that rides from Camarillo to the Rock Store and beyond every Sunday morning. Moderate-fast pace. We also attend pretty much every Reg Pridmore CLASS school at Willow and Laguna. I'd love to ride with another Hyper, PM me sometime!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm just glad I'm not the only old fart on a Hyper. I'm 51..... :cool:
I think you'll be surprised how many are actually old farts in this forum. :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
A while back I was on a ride around the hood after doing some work on mine just to check things out before a trackday.
Came to a four way stop only to meet a cop to my right, he had just came to a stop before me. I waited for him to go on my beak removed taped up no blinkers no license plate no mirrors Termi 2-1 open clutch noisy rattling Hyper. He would not move, just sat there looking at me. Thought I was doomed but finally went on. As I passed in front of him he gave me a "go put that thing up right now or else look" which is precisely what I did.
Oh, 52 here.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Years ago I rode RZ350's. I've had 6 over time, and we all know how easy 2 strokes wheelie.

I was in town, saw some friends and did a sweet wheelie, then slowed and stopped at the light, only to see a cop parked right at the light. He gestured to me to pull over, I popped my visor, he said "you know, that was really stupid", at that point all I could say was "you're right", he laughed and said "get out of here". That was a lucky day.

I used to ride fast and crazy. I'm 45 now, and I have yet to try doing a wheelie on my new Hyper. They used to be easy for me, but now I'm more reserved, and afraid I'll loop it or something stupid, plus I can't afford to get hurt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have yet to try doing a wheelie on my new Hyper. They used to be easy for me, but now I'm more reserved, and afraid I'll loop it or something stupid, plus I can't afford to get hurt.
Same here, I'll mess around on my dirt bike, but I'm not going to risk messing up my Hyper or risk getting hurt, can't afford that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts