Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!
Just set off for my first eurotrip!!!!
Yes with my beast and a friend with a tiger 1050! My girl will fly over to milan and find us. We will then ride 2 up to bolognia and ducati factory. After that we are heading to Florence, pisa and finally rome!

You wouldnt believe how i transformed it if you didnt see the photos!! :) ha ha its a full carbon touring bike now :p

The plan is to make about 3000km in 9 days...greece-italy-austria-switzerland-italy-greece

I attach the map! :)

Wish me luck! Love you all!

Christos

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Looks like fun, enjoy!

Is that the Barracuda windscreen...if so, you did a better job of making it look like an intergral part of the bike than I did. I see you did your intakes and it appears that your tank issue has been taken care of also.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oahu ive told you before that i am a fan of your mods!!! :)

Yes i did the intakes!! I didnt do anything to the barracuda wind shield though!! It wouldnt even fit so i just used some bigger spacers and 2 bigger screws!!!

Yes the tank is here and its new!! Thanks to shift tech!! If it wasnt for him i wouldnt have it for sure..
I just got it some days before the trip and didnt have time to post as much details as i wanted!! I will when i get back!!! Thanks go to guido one more time....

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Excellent!
While you're in the Marche region, make sure you'll make a stop in San Marino, republic on its own, Moto Corse and WRS are there, along with a Ferrari museum. Down the street from there hit Rimini, now that's a place you don't want to miss if you like women and good food! (Misano racetrack is there)
Cheers and have a safe trip!
:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Enjoy and have a safe trip! Watch yourself in The cities for thieves on mopeds,I hear they pull up beside your bike in traffic and slice your straps securing your bags of your bike and speed of through the heavy traffic.Rome is where I've heard of this happening

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! italy is not the best place to ride, thats true gm!!

it seems that i will get my a$$ really wet these days...it is probably going to rain everyday!! :)

we are prepered for the worse though!!

ill keep you posted!!

-Christos

·
Registered
490 Posts
My god and in rainy Ireland it's unbelievably warm,Italy must be getting the Irish weather,I'm sure it'll be a fantastic trip none the less

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
thanks guys! italy is not the best place to ride, thats true gm!!

it seems that i will get my a$$ really wet these days...it is probably going to rain everyday!! :)

we are prepered for the worse though!!

ill keep you posted!!

-Christos
You must be either joking or have no idea of what you're talking about when you say Italy in not the best place to ride, if you want to avoid what GM is mentioning, stay AWAY from big cities like Rome, Milano and so on, otherwise the riding in Italy is probably within the best in the world, here's a site that will help you change your mind ... I viaggi di Freevax and also if you like, I'll put you in contact with a bunch of hardcore streetfighter owners spreaded all over Italy that can meet up with you and help if you need anything, just say the word!
Cheers and have a great time Christos!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ment that they steal a lot of bikes my friend!!! :)

Italy is heaven for riding...but when you stop to have something to eat...better check your bike twice ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw many sf owners today at dolomites!! I am staying at santa maddalena for the night and i am heading to austria tomorow!!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just some photos from italy and ;) swicherland!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts