Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! Saved up forever and finally got my first Ducati:D!!!! Sorry really excited!!

Just bought an 08' Hyper 1100S that only has 1500 miles on it!! It also has the following upgrades: termi 2-1 race exhaust, dry clutch kit w/speedy moto parts, heated grips, tail rack, small windshield, custom graphics, hyper under motor shield, also got some fastrax luggage bags w/it!

I'm a native to Colorado, have owned lots of different cars, own a Yamaha rapport 660R quad, a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM (modded), most of my ridding was dirt until this year hence the SM and Hyper choices. Just got my MC license last year and primarily ride the canyons and around town.

Been lurking on the site for a while trying to figure out what frame sliders to buy, was looking a Gilles tooling sliders but can't seem to find any reviews so may go with speedy moto or motivations... Anyone had the misfortune of using the Gilles sliders?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Cool 8!
The HM is the best bike I've owned because of its versatility. I had an SM too. I've been riding it off road recently and I love being able to do that and then go go down the highway. (wish I lived in CO)

All of those sliders work well. I have motovation on the HM. I've crashed woodcraft and speedy. I'd say that speedy has an edge in quality, but they cost more and I think that all will do a good job. Remember, a crash on the HM usually results in expensive handlebar group costs.

Best wishes and welcome to funville.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!! I found some discounted speedy's cause they've been used and one puck has a good amount of rash but know they can be replaced. You think the rest of those components are still good and I could just replace the puck or stay away from used ones?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I would doubt that the other parts are still good. If the crash was low speed or a tip over, then it might be good. The ones that I crashed were ruined because the rod/threads were bent. At first, I thought I'd just replace pucks. If the rod is bent but the threads are good, the system will install but it will have a wobble as it is tightened. The one I had with the bent threads, it was a pita to get off and could never be reused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts