Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been lurking around this forum for about a month since I got my beautiful Red 02 ST4S from the original owner in Everett, WA through Craigslist. The bike has 33,000 miles, DP carbon fiber pipes, DP filter, open airbox and I beilieve the DP ECU. It also has the factory side bags as well as a DP Topcase. Also, it has 5/8" bar risers and what the previous owner called the Ducati Comfort kit, A different upper fairing. Oh and a Rich's Custom Saddle, but thats going to get redone, seeing as I have less padding in that region and need something a bit softer.

I have to say, this forum has been invaluable so far in helping get to know my bike. The only things Ive done thus far are removed the big ugly euro touring fender/mudgard, and as of this evening I adjusted the ride height. THe previous owner was about 5'6" 200lbs, Im 5'10"ish and 120lbs... Yes, Im skin and bones, and 24yrs old. My previous ride was a 1987 Honda VFR 700, but sadly she was totaled a month ago when an inatentive 18yr old female decided to rearend me On I5. Luckily I wasnt seriously hurt, but the VFR was K.I.A.

I notice that a lot of you guys live around the PNW, Im in Arlington WA but work in Everett, Id love to meet up with some of you and go for a ride sometime. I can't seem to get enough seattime on the beast. Im lovin every minute of it.

·
Still needs a life.
12,618 Posts
Welcome to Ducati.MS. I would love to meet up with you when I am able to ride again and get another ST4s. Here is a link to my local/regional riding group. We have quite few Ducatistis and North Sounders as members.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/PNWRoadRiders/

My daughter lives in Arlington and all the good North End rides start at the Arlington exit off I-5.

PS: Make sure you get a 42T or 43T rear sprocket ASAP if the previous owner did not do so.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

...from Down Under!

You are clearly loving your bike and congrats on a great choice.

I am a proud owner of a 2005 ST3 and have just upgraded my front and rear suspension (post to follow).

After just on a year's ownership I love the bike, you can't beat the L-twin note and characteristics, together with that great frame and combo of sport and touring.

Safe riding and watch out for rear-endos from 18 yr old girls ( I should be so lucky :D).

Dave:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts