Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the impending launch of the new Multistrada 1200 I decided to get familiar with the original.

Most Ducati reviews contain similar elements. The reviewer talks about the stunning, sultry looks of the Italian beauty, marvels at the available performance envelope and then invariably complains about the committed (translation – neck creakingly uncomfortable) riding position. None of this applies to the 2009 Ducati Multistrada 1100S. Is this quirky machine really a Ducati then? Read my Multistrada 1100S Review

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
Instead of picking it apart or providing counterpoints, I'll just say this:

:confused:.....:eek:.....:sleep:.....:think:.... :abduct:

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I pretty much concur with oalvarez.:confused::sleep:

The subjective impressions about passion or what a Ducati should be were, well, subjective. Your taste is your taste. I don't think it is mine. The OP's screen name may be ironically appropriate.

The more objective impressions sometimes contradicted my experience. At 6 feet even, I find the weather protection inadequate, and the wind buffeting unpleasant, with stock and with several aftermarket "solutions". To me, that is a weakness for long trips.

Finally, I would compare the Multi to alternative S-Ts or Adventure bikes which can handle luggage. In that crowd, the Multi is certainly on the high performance end.

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Almost as bad as the 999 article, but at least this was all poorly thought out subjective drivel instead of poorly thought out opinion presented as fact. Price is what hurt the 999, not looks. Don't quit your day job if this writing experiment is just that. Sorry but if you were looking for feedback this is as kind as I can be.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
is it really a Ducati? i guess i could have stopped reading there... but i didn't...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm dont quit your day job

It seems to me that its a page out of a Resume to "Motorcyclist"for a possible job, full of plagiarism of all articles out there on the bike.

Never felt any heart in the writings and question even if you rode the bike.

My take.

Joe

·
Registered
460 Posts
Almost as bad as the 999 article, but at least this was all poorly thought out subjective drivel instead of poorly thought out opinion presented as fact. Price is what hurt the 999, not looks. Don't quit your day job if this writing experiment is just that. Sorry but if you were looking for feedback this is as kind as I can be.
I rarely heard any complaints about the pricing of the 999. All I ever heard people complain about were the looks. I will say however that at least it was an original design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts