Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't ride my bike. My chain and sprockets are fragged. Too dangerous to ride right now. I'll get it going again within a couple of weeks.

But until then, I'll just wander around and bitch about it.:D

Anyone else in the same boat? Is your Ducati parked?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Post a pic. Would be interesting to see what all your hoopla is about. :) By the way, that's why everyone should have a second bike. ;) Did I mention I have one for sale? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't ride my bike. My chain and sprockets are fragged. Too dangerous to ride right now. I'll get it going again within a couple of weeks.

Which bike do you need chain and sprockets for? Stock gearing?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

duc is parked- awaiting valve guide surgery.
BSA is parked- awaiting a Keihin carb to mix the fuel. the amal's destined to be a paper-weight.

i'm going nuts ova'hir!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
duc is parked- awaiting valve guide surgery.
BSA is parked- awaiting a Keihin carb to mix the fuel. the amal's destined to be a paper-weight.

i'm going nuts ova'hir!
That's why everyone needs 3 bikes! ;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That's why everyone needs 3 bikes! ;)
HAAA! i tried that just 2 weeks ago.

had cash in hand, rode the bike, went with the owner to the PA tag transfer place and she wouldn't do the deal for us because i'm not a full-time PA resident and the deal fell thru. on the way home i told my wife "maybe that is 'God/Koresh/Buddah/Beastie Boys' telling me the time isn't right just now.." sure enough- insane ducati repair right on the horizon.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well kinda, it was running rough and misfiring, till yesterday when I did a service, belts adjust, valve check, new plugs and clean and oil the air filters. Running good now however I put a new rear sprocket on it today cause like yours the old one was trashed. Unfortunately the new one is a 40T, down from the 42T I wore out. Now I need to shorten the chain a couple of links.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes my Ducati is parked........

Because I am riding the Beemer right now. Once the tank is empty from daily commuting, I fill up, park the bike and switch to the Ducati and repeat. :D

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes my Ducati is parked........

Because I am riding the Beemer right now. Once the tank is empty from daily commuting, I fill up, park the bike and switch to the Ducati and repeat. :D
Smartass.

I MEAN.....wiseguy.:D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

Yeah, the 916 is down. Friday while out for a ride, the fairly new and well maintenanced DID chain fragged all over the back of my bike. Left me with a 3 hour walk back home to pick up the trailer to bring her home.

After 19 years of riding and dozens, upon dozens of bikes, and always keeping good maintenance, I've only ever had two chains break on me. Both of them DID's. Kind of pisses me off because I'm down without a Duc to ride, which is my stress relief.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah mine is parked.

Will be 4 weeks in shop waiting on Duc to send the last part for the trans upgrade. This is the Bike I bought about May 6 Demo bike, Friday I got out of shop for bad TPS. Hauled to colorado springs the next day. Next morning unloaded drove up pikes peak and the trans locked up after stopping. Bike would not go into gear. The rest of the week it stayed in back of my truck screwed vacation up. Got home to find out there is a upgraded kit for the 07 GT1000's glad that was installed not. The bike was a Demo and covered under the two year warranty. Duc told shop to install all the parts in that area with the new kit. Problem is the shift fork has not showed up. My dealer got on the horn friday and found one some where. Tell ya what as much as I like the bike. A few days ago if they had sold yamaha's also...................I would have traded in a heart beat. My summer is drifting away, while making payments and no Duc to ride............................Gets to a guy after awhile. Good thing I got the 06 Roadstar to ride with the PR goodies.. But still not the same. OK I am done. Just going to tell my self again it's alright I'll get it back this week for sure.........................................that is getting old also. LOL

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I need to call the vultures to pick up my totalled GT. I was also talking to my dealer about another GT today.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Kinda' parked-need new front tire(sitting in garage) and new front brakes! In the mean time it's sooo much fun cleaning the calipers, soo much fun!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts