Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She just left me stranded for the third time in the last four months this morning. Same thing: I'm riding along and it just loses power and dies. All lights stay on, and the engine cranks like it wants to start, but won't turn all the way over.

The first time it went to the d'ship they said it was a fuel hose, the second time they said it was the fuel filter. Lord knows what they'll say this time.:eek: I personally think its something electrical. The bike was VERY reliable the first 1 1/2 years I had it....then it got recalled for a regulator last February and has been a PITA since.

Although this is the funnest and best looking bike I've ever had, I can't see keeping it any longer. I'll be paranoid ever time I go for a ride. The d'ship obviously doesn't know how to fix it properly and she can't be trusted. I'll probably sell it.....then either buy an MV Agusta F4....or give up motorcycles altogether and concentrate on the cars. Hate to say it, because I thought I'd be riding Ducatis the rest of my life.:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hear ya. Can't enjoy the ride if you don't know if you'll get back home. That is scary.

I still hope to get one, and I hope I am one of the lucky ones with less issues...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We should consider a trade. :)
Oh yeah?

I just want you to know up front there have been some problems and the d'ship can't seem to figure it out. Do you have good mechanical skills?

On the positive side, the bike has a full Terminogni exhaust plus a tail eliminator kit plus a carbon fiber front fender, clutch cover (closed), and heel guards.

I might be interested but I just want to let you know what you might be getting in to with this bike.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yah we should talk about it. I am not mechanically inclined to diagnose a problem of that sort but if you're getting normal power and nothing is blown it sounds electrical or fuel related. It doesn't sound like a hopeless problem though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh it runs GREAT (when its running) and it just had its 7500 mile maintenance done a couple weeks ago plus he went ahead and replaced the timing belts. What year is your MV?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's a 05 1000S with about 2,700 miles on her. Still on original tires, fender eliminator, a few small scratches from the previous owner you can't see unless they are pointed out. I was told he lost his balance and leaned it against a garage wall. Runs like a champ without a hiccup. :) Let me ask my moto shop about your mechanical issues to see what they think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.