Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking forward to this weekend I woke up this morning with my girlfriend telling me oops.... She backed into my Duc which made it fall over to the right fucking my rt fairing and tail side. The worst part is that's minor to the active fuel leaking and a loud screetch sound when i tried to turn it on. To make matters worse this is my only vehicle at the moment and have no truck to get to Nichols Ducati. Fuck my life right now!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
..Sad to hear that bro, check the belt cover maybe it's touching the belt making it screetchh...and about the fuel leak, is it continous?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's bummer news mate.

FWIW I'm sure your GF is majorly sorry and feeling mega guilty!:(

Knowing the cost of Ducati plastics these days, let alone any other repairs needed, I'd presume it will cost a lot more to fix than any excess on your GF's insurance policy?

Might as well put in an insurance claim, call out a repair centre to come and collect bike, give it a full on repair under your GF's insurance and get a hire bike in the process.

You would if it was a stranger that had knocked you off, so might as well do the same in this instance.

Unless insurance and claims work differently for you!? Or you know you can get it back to pristine for much less than any excess.

HFB

·
Registered
218 Posts
NNNNNoooo

Im sorry for the that man. Id choke my girlfriend. I wish i was in your area so i could help you get it to the shop. hope things get better for you.

·
Mama tried
1,484 Posts
Probably just a broken fuel connection causing the fuel to leak and the pump to make a screeching sound. Remove the tank, have a look. Easy fix.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
if you have the stock clutch cover, it's probably pushed in and the clutch is rubbing on it.
Remove the clutch cover and check for marks.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
The fuel leak might not even be a problem--it might just be the overflow line draining from when the bike was on its side.

·
Old Fast Guy
487 Posts
but she ends up enjoying it, she will keep knocking over his bike.
Hmmm? Well then, maybe he could work out a schedule for a fair exchange!?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright.... I've calmed down a bit after I looked at my bike and fixed a few problems. The leak came from the gas tank nut being loose and it was as simple as tightening it up and connecting the over flow tube. The screetch sound came from a bent in clutch cover rubbing on the springs. Besides the cosmetic damage caused on my once beautiful Duc haven't found anything else. I'm gonna take it around the block to see if everything is running propperly. If not she's dead were she stands once I see her this evening. I was seeing red for a while and she's lucky to not be here right now

·
Registered
65 Posts
Alright.... I've calmed down a bit after I looked at my bike and fixed a few problems. The leak came from the gas tank nut being loose and it was as simple as tightening it up and connecting the over flow tube. The screetch sound came from a bent in clutch cover rubbing on the springs. Besides the cosmetic damage caused on my once beautiful Duc haven't found anything else. I'm gonna take it around the block to see if everything is running propperly. If not she's dead were she stands once I see her this evening. I was seeing red for a while and she's lucky to not be here right now
Cheer up mate as your GF wouldn't have meant to hit your bike. She will be feeling like crap all day and punishing herself already.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Driver's Ed Classes?

After analising this, perhaps she should take some sort of remedial driver's ed class or something.

Oh.

And don't get in the car if she's driving.

Sorry this happened to your bike.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Look on the bright side she really is going to have to make it up to you. I bet the QD just came loose on the fuel line and like above the belt cover is touching. I suppose the clutch cover could be damaged, not sure what you have. Good luck in any event.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Sounds like a dream come true. I'd love it that that happened to my bike. Truly, easy fix, and plenty of extra insurance money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts