Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just wanted to share some pics of a little project. I am sure it is not everybodies taste but here it is.

I bought a secondhand OEM clutch cover and had a stainless steel "Ace Cafe" logo cut out.
I used the company several times, I just send them a pic of what I want with the measurements and they cut it out with some kind of water jet stream. As you can see on the pics, I also asked them to cut out a Ducati Corse logo

I sandpapered the cover first and the glued the logo with some special metal glue.

I am going to paint it black after a decent base coat.

What do you think ?

My next little thing : heelguards with the Ducati Corse logo.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Nice !!!!

How about doing an old school Ducati logo on the clutch cover, and you will most probably have all those with wet clutches lining up to buy it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. I'll take the home made one-off stuff over the mass-produced, store bought every time. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That has to be the best treatment ever, for a wet clutch side cover.
If you do a retro Ducati logo, I will buy one.
Excellent job!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the appreciation guys!

The company who did the cutting is Motocyco in the US, ask for Sandra, she is very helpfull.

I mailed my design and measurements, they do the rest.

They also made my custom heelguards for my Triumph Speed triple :

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i would be inclined to leave the logo natural if you spray it black over a black background its not really gonna stand out ??? or go perhaps dark grey over black it you want to tone it down a bit

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
That is awesome Oberon. Ace Cafe rocks and that is a cool way to pay homage. Thanks for the pics and the heads up on the company.:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts