Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am guessing this has already been digested... but...
I am having such a difficult time coming off the bike and getting into my auto.
It's not that the auto is so bad...she has 250 HP, is quite willing...but her weight. Well, there's the rub.
After the bike, I have certain expectations. I believe they stem from horsepower to weight ratios. And, well, z auto...sigh, just isn't the same.
I press the accelerator... after a moment, she comes along ok...and then, when I brake... well, the weight issue comes first and foremost into perspective. Yikes!! Holy Hell!! Damn it!! Did I mention the auto just doesn't move like I want her to...
It's not her fault, she does her best to please me, but it just isn't the same after even a day of riding, let alone an entire weekend.
God help me....

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
It's not that the auto is so bad...she has 250 HP, is quite willing...but her weight. Well, there's the rub.
After the bike, I have certain expectations. I believe they stem from horsepower to weight ratios. And, well, z auto...sigh, just isn't the same.
I press the accelerator... after a moment, she comes along ok...and then, when I brake... well, the weight issue comes first and foremost into perspective. Yikes!! Holy Hell!! Damn it!! Did I mention the auto just doesn't move like I want her to...
It's not her fault, she does her best to please me, but it just isn't the same after even a day of riding, let alone an entire weekend.
God help me....
LOL! well thats your problem, you driving a girl's car! get yourself a MAN"S car
like the 500HP Vette, or Viper, I sure they would "please" you! :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! well thats your problem, you driving a girl's car! get yourself a MAN"S car
like the 500HP Vette, or Viper, I sure they would "please" you! :D Aloha Alex

Don't make me have to kick your [email protected] Beavis!!
I have a Toyota 4Runner 4x4...and an Audi 4000CS Quattro...which Michele Mouton drove amazingly for (WRC) Rally back in the day.

So....are you riding with us tomorrow? Meet 515 Shell station. :D

I will even let you ride MY bike.. Hehehe...

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Yeah, it's funny. I keep my bike at the shop where I work. After a nice ride in the hills, it's time to jump back in the old cage to head home. On more than one occasion I've damn near knocked my head into the side window "leaning" into that first left-hander on the drive home.:eek:
Riding is so much more interactive.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Don't make me have to kick your [email protected] Beavis!!
I have a Toyota 4Runner 4x4...and an Audi 4000CS Quattro...which Michele Mouton drove amazingly for (WRC) Rally back in the day.

So....are you riding with us tomorrow? Meet 515 Shell station. :D

I will even let you ride MY bike.. Hehehe...
OUCH! :rolleyes: Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'll race her in my 160 hp 4 cyl Honda Accord. That may help her feel good about her car again!! Then we can get back on the bikes again so we can both feel good again.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
God help me....
Try driving a 91 Civic DX for a while ... 1500cc four banger ... It wheezes when I turn the AC on. Hell, your motorcycle probably makes as much or more horsepower as my car. That makes me sad.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll race her in my 160 hp 4 cyl Honda Accord. That may help her feel good about her car again!! Then we can get back on the bikes again so we can both feel good again.
I hear belated "Happy Birthday" salutations are in order? :D

The beautiful thing about bikes is their cost per performance stats. To get a car with performance stats of a bike you have to shell out mucho dineros!!
So, I am grateful that I have my motobike. ;)

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Happy Birthday Todd! Hope the celebration was a good one.

Cheers!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 vs 4 wheels

Try driving a 91 Civic DX for a while ... 1500cc four banger ... It wheezes when I turn the AC on. Hell, your motorcycle probably makes as much or more horsepower as my car. That makes me sad.
\I remember the first time a Buick beat me off the line in my Audi years ago...I was crushed, and brought quickly back to 4-wheel reality.
Silly girl, tricks are for kids!!
And yes, I believe my motobike does have more HP than your car, and most certainly a more favorable hp to weight ratio. :D

I envy your travel to the Monterey Historics! I was hoping to attend this year, but think I wll make it to the MotoGP at Indy instead. I am dying to see the two strokes race before they are shelved.

Anyone else attending?? Could be a great time for all...!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just not the same

The other weekend I was heading towards some decent twisties on the Hyper & saw a Porsche Cayman coming the other way. My thought - gee, it's pretty, but on a reasonably straight road, it's just a car - like the Chevy or Ford it's following, except that the driver can't see for shite, sitting on the ground behind trucks.

The Hyper, on the other hand, a wonderful experience, even on a fairly straight road. Want to see around the cages? Not a problem. Want to pass a cage quickly wither on the straights or even short straights in the mountains? Not a problem. Don't try it w/ a cage!

I hoped Mr. Porsche was enjoying his $55K experience as much as I was my $10K one.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I only have my bikes, so I guess it's kinda like going from the Hyper to the Sportster. I love the Sporty, but for very different reasons. I bet I look kinda funny hanging off the Sportster around turns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts