Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

· Registered
GT 1000 - 2007
6 Posts
Hey Jorge, I've been very inspired by the work you've done on your GT, so I decided to go the same way on some aspects like old new S4 wheels, and just starting to look at polishing some parts
You could look at my introduction post, I just put some pictures.

I'd like to share some comments on the Wheel swap : for the front wheel, I bought the axle and the spacer from a S4 and all went super good with the P34 30 Brembo gold, no pb.
For the rear wheel, I found a 3-4 mm difference in the total width compared to the GT, so I've added a 3mm Alu spacer between the rear caliper support and the OEM spacer on the right side of the bike.

I don't think this is too much of a deal, but I can see on your pictures your rear axle being a few mm's longer than the original mount with our OEM spoke wheels.

Then I can only confirm what you say, the bike is transformed with this new set of wheels, it completely reminds me driving a Monster from the end of the 90's (maybe still Mostro at that time), which is absolutely normal, as all the components and frame come from this family... we should call them now our Monster GT's !!! 🤘

All the best, you've done what I was looking for without knowing over the last 10 years :)

· Mexican Ducatista
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hey Jorge, I've been very inspired by the work you've done on your GT, so I decided to go the same way on some aspects like old new S4 wheels, and just starting to look at polishing some parts
You could look at my introduction post, I just put some pictures.

I'd like to share some comments on the Wheel swap : for the front wheel, I bought the axle and the spacer from a S4 and all went super good with the P34 30 Brembo gold, no pb.
For the rear wheel, I found a 3-4 mm difference in the total width compared to the GT, so I've added a 3mm Alu spacer between the rear caliper support and the OEM spacer on the right side of the bike.

I don't think this is too much of a deal, but I can see on your pictures your rear axle being a few mm's longer than the original mount with our OEM spoke wheels.

Then I can only confirm what you say, the bike is transformed with this new set of wheels, it completely reminds me driving a Monster from the end of the 90's (maybe still Mostro at that time), which is absolutely normal, as all the components and frame come from this family... we should call them now our Monster GT's !!! 🤘

All the best, you've done what I was looking for without knowing over the last 10 years :)
Thank you for the kind words Eric!

I am happy that the mods worked out right for you too.
Also, your bike looks great!

Cheers!

81 - 82 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.