Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident on Labor Day and as a result the 2008 HMT was totaled. I have some parts in the classified section for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
On Sept.29, after riding 2900km across Europe, 150 km away from my final destination, an incompetent old man rear-ended me and wrecked my beautiful Duc.

I did not get a scratch, and 2 days ago, I got notice from my insurance that they will pay me 10 kEuro for the damages.

Be happy that you are unharmed. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
trrgod - I kinda collect accident stories as a part of my 'figure out where people get into trouble' project. Would you consider telling us about it?

And I'm interested in the gear you were wearing and how it did...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gilles --- Just to clear things up I need to tell you that I was injured in the accident. A 22 year old was coming in the other direction on his bike when he low sided and his bike slid across the highway and hit me. I was off to the hospital and my HMT was totaled. He wasn't even hurt and rode his rice rocket home. I ended up needing 3 operations and am still is pain and seeing the doctors. I have been riding off and on for 40 years and this was the 2nd accident I was involved in. The other accident wasn't my fault either. I was 19 and a car hit me head on. Ouch, that hurt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Crap. That's my nightmare...where did it happen?

Good luck on your rehab...

gilles --- Just to clear things up I need to tell you that I was injured in the accident. A 22 year old was coming in the other direction on his bike when he low sided and his bike slid across the highway and hit me. I was off to the hospital and my HMT was totaled. He wasn't even hurt and rode his rice rocket home. I ended up needing 3 operations and am still is pain and seeing the doctors. I have been riding off and on for 40 years and this was the 2nd accident I was involved in. The other accident wasn't my fault either. I was 19 and a car hit me head on. Ouch, that hurt.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Man, that f*cking SUCKS. Nothing pisses me off like some newb trying to show off his mad skillz and ending up hurting someone minding their own business. Did you get the police involved? Breathalyzer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The accident happened on Mullholland near the Rock Store. I am in contact with his insurance co.

·
Registered
260 Posts
seems better to just stay away from the rock store on weekends these days, last time i was there a car crashed into the bikes that were lined up...better mid week with no one around. heal up quick!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alex --- Sorry, the bike is gone to the great Ducati heaven in the sky. The insurance co. took it and paid me off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts