Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freakin bike runs great. Everything is super duper. But it stinks. Literally. I dont know what the crap is going on with it but it smells freaking horrible. Kind of an unburned gas/nastyness that will make your eyes start to water after like 10 minutes. I dont know what it is. I just figured it was bad gas because its been sitting so long but I dont know anymore. I ran three tanks thru it with nothing improving. Can it be the packing in the mufflers or something. HELP!

Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I know some catalytic converters really make a bad smell. So if your bike has a catalytic converter, I would say it is the culprit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check in the exhaust, I found that a Power Ranger action figure not only stinks but is destructive to the pipe. Wouldn't be a bad idea!
T2

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Just taking a guess that you have a SS since this is in the SS section??? If so...no converters.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the 98 on SS had convertors in the inlet to the stock cans but I am sure Ryan ditched the stock ones.

I love the power ranger comment.. like toast in the video machine. I was going to get a power Ranger and put it in my air box telling people I'd fited a Power Commander.

Mal

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Actually only the european SS's had them, not the US ones.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I get that same odor in my garage after I shutdown.
It does come from the exhaust (Leo Vinci aftermarket on mine).
I never notice it when I'm riding or setting idling though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think its gas. Yes its an SS. 1993 model. D&D pipes. I smelled the pipes and its not that. It smells around the FCRs. No idea.

Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts