Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a bazzaz recently. What a disaster.

First, they sent me the wrong box. They sent me one for Marelli electronics although it was clearly labeled 1100 Evo SP. It took me about 2 hours on the phone to convince them NOT to make me remove the whole wiring loom and send everything back. I sent in only the box.

When it came back (now for a Siemens ECU), I was seeing really weird stuff with the Z-AFM. In particular I was moving back and forth between front and back cylinders and seeing VERY different low RPM/throttle fuelling on the two cylinders. The bike was missing, misfiring and generally horrible to ride. Back to more phone calls - lots of them. I finally convince them that there's something wrong with one of the O2 eliminators. I send them back in and sure enough, one is broken.

So: I paid for a box, a wiring loom and two O2 eliminators. The box is the wrong unit, and one O2 eliminator is a dud. That's a 50% failure rate. Their fault finding over the phone is HORRIBLE (essentially their default answer is ALWAYS to ask me to send in the box, both eliminators and the wiring loom.. whch takes quite a bit of work to pull out), and they don't send you the pieces, they wait for you to send stuff in, test it, replaceit and send it back so I have to keep reconfiguring the bike putting the Bazzaz in and out.

This is a very, very different experience than the oneI had with my PCIII on my 999. These guys just seem clueless. Absolutely no quality control, and pretty pathetic support.

My advice? Stay away, and stick with Power Commander. I intend to on my next bike.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used, but thoroughly QC'ed, bazzaz Z-AFM and Z-Fi? Who knows, perhaps it's worth more than retail now that I've blown dozens of hours fault finding their crappy broken and incorrect kit.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
So, finish the story! You left us knowing that one of the O2 eliminators was broken. Did they send you back a working set? Did you try it out? Why are you looking to sell it? Did it not work as intended, or did you give up trying?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had almost same story with my Bazzaz for HYM EVO SP.

I was forced to remove all wiring, box and O2 sensors, because Bazzaz could not identify the problem through emails. The whole system was sent back to the States (it cost me $100 from my location) and they found a mulfunctioning O2 sensors, however Bazzaz also sent me a new box!!! So I paid for shipping again ($100) to get my Bazzaz.

It looks like there's something wrong with the Bazzaz for Siemens ECU equipped HYMotards, 'cause I have no complaints about the Bazzaz I use on my 848EVO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, finish the story! You left us knowing that one of the O2 eliminators was broken. Did they send you back a working set? Did you try it out? Why are you looking to sell it? Did it not work as intended, or did you give up trying?
I'm getting my ecu reflashed open circuit so I'll probably never know if they fixed the o2 eliminators or not. It's probably ok gear... When it works but the qc and support suck.

·
135 Posts
I ended up reflashing my stock 796 ECU and no longer using the Power Commander I bought. I was able to remove the 02 sensors so I could use an Ohlins rear shock, as the rear 02 was in the way.
If anyone wants a perfectly good PCV for the 796. I have one on ebay that was only in my bike for 2 mos:

Ducati Hypermotard 796 PCV 14-008 Power Commander PC-V | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts