Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just can't get over how hot she looks naked.

i want to buy another one so i can have it permanently naked in my loungeroom or maybe get a damaged frame and bolt up parts as i replace them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
I like the second idea. That sounds fun.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me too, my boss gave me the idea, saying "you're going to end up with a spare bike" which got me thinking, but hopefully i won't be replacing the frame or engine so maybe a written off frame to start with and then a spare motor would make a nice start.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
me too, my boss gave me the idea, saying "you're going to end up with a spare bike" which got me thinking, but hopefully i won't be replacing the frame or engine so maybe a written off frame to start with and then a spare motor would make a nice start.

Yeah, old frame, bunk motor, and go from there. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've posted looking for a frame but no luck so i might start ringing local duc shops.

it's funny my previous boss asked me why since i was replacing so many parts, not really but to a laymen it seems that way (so few really i couldn't even post my list on the what mods have you done thread) i didn't just buy the bike i wanted in the first place :) i sent him a link to the 160k full carbon duc the other day and asked if he could lend me a few bucks to buy the bike i reallly wanted :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have all the bodywork off of my 996sps racer presently, and with the lousy value of any used bike today, I've invested well over $35k into it, and it's worth nothing in today's world. So I've thought of hanging it from my ceiling in the living room (I have a two story exposed ceiling. Having a Ducati hanging naked 18 feet in the air for conversation peice really is something I've wanted to do for some time.....Especialy something that I've gone 170mph many times.....I'm serious!!!

Mark

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yeh do it and post photos, that sounds even better than my fantasy but then i don't have high ceilings.

seriously though hang on to the original stuff forever or at least until the market picks up, long term it can only go up.

i rang my fav. duc shop and he might be able to line me up with a frame cheap, happy days

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
i love these discs, roughly 800 gram saving over the originals for 600 usd from motowheels
I have those discs on my 749; they are nice, tho I really prefer the feel of iron vs. stainless discs. For looks, it's hard to beat Brembos; for performance, I'd go with some Brake Tech rotors.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i originally went looking for the brembo cast discs but they've doubled in price since i bought them last and aren't that much cheaper than braketech cmc, so i was thinking of just putting off replacing the discs for a while but eventually to get the cmc until i saw these (relatively) cheap and they only had a couple of sets in stock. they'll do me just fine for the time being.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Am I the only one who was disappointed after opening this thread? :rolleyes:

Still nice to see bike nakedness too, here's one of mine in a similar state of undress. Though mine is in the garage as I don't live alone;

Nice brake discs though. ;)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts