Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bummed. My littlest child, Abby, rode today without training wheels on her bicycle. She's 4, but soon to be 5. My elder child.....uh....what's his name again?.........Dak, didn't ride solo till he was 6.

The punk.

But as I pushed my little one down the front yard, I realized, She's not my baby anymore. She's a little girl. I stared in wonderment as the girl pedaled her way around the front yard, then kinda just fall over when she couldn't pedal any farther. She laughed at herself. Sweet.
She protested when I mentioned putting her out in the road to see if she could do it. I turned my back for a while and her mother got her going in the driveway. She was soooooo proud! Then she turned out into the street (Cul-de-sac) and cruised downhill AT A MUCH MORE RAPID PACE THAN I WANTED and cruised into the neighbors driveway, stopped, and fell over. She laughed at that also. Super sweet.

She rode around for the next hour all over the dang place. I got tired watching her. But I kept doing it.

My girl is growing up.

I'm bummed.

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Go Girl!! Enjoy it while you can - it won't be long before she is bringing home boys that will remind you of you at that age! Then you will be worried.;)

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Sweet memories...Take lots of pictures take too many pctures...Go get her a ducati sticker for her bike.My daughter had at least one on every bike she had (H-D sticker)My favorite bike ride I ever had was when she was sitting in front of me on my 83 Low Rider and a flock of birds were flying along at ground level beside us at the same speed .I''ll never forget her face as she turned around and smiled at me with her Gazoo helmet and aviator goggles on ...It even gets better..

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yall for the nice, and humorous replies. I just kinda got all melancholy seeing the child grow. Didn't mean to take up space with the the sapiness. Yeah, There will probably be lots of those 'My baby's growing up' moments........but that also means that both of the munchkins will be gone in a few years.

Just me and the woman.

Oh God.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
helmet.

make the kids wear them. you can choose not to wear yours, but we came as close as we care with the other side.

here's the call I got one sunday afternoon AS i was putting on my helmet. cell phone ringing in my jacket breast pocket. i was a second from saying to myselft "screw it, it's my wife wanting something ridiculous from Publix."

"Scott!!!! I'm soooo sorry. This is Laura. Ansley's should be ok. The ambulance is coming & I'm making them take her to Vanderbilt Children's Emergency. She wrecked her bike.......hard!"

Huffy=totaled
Helmet= totaled
Arm broken
Eye socket broken
Noggin together

Attending physicians, neurologists, ophthalmologist, and emergency crew all unanimous- would not have been taking her home were she not wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
608 Posts
How bout the 3 1/2 yr old training on the big 1198S. Im not even there (bicycle training) yet, our young son is 6 wks and Jiana (on bike in pic) is 3.5 yrs old

·
Official Retired Person
7,326 Posts
Thanks yall for the nice, and humorous replies. I just kinda got all melancholy seeing the child grow. Didn't mean to take up space with the the sapiness. Yeah, There will probably be lots of those 'My baby's growing up' moments........but that also means that both of the munchkins will be gone in a few years.
Just enjoy 'em while you can, MH. There comes a time around age 13 or 14, when they're still living at home but don't want to be seen with you. After oh, maybe another 7 - 8 years, they wise up, again. Take lots of pictures. You can enjoy them when you're old and possibly even use them for blackmailing!

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Just enjoy 'em while you can, MH. There comes a time around age 13 or 14, when they're still living at home but don't want to be seen with you. After oh, maybe another 7 - 8 years, they wise up, again. Take lots of pictures. You can enjoy them when you're old and possibly even use them for blackmailing!
I found that to be true ,then at about age 20 they "we" become idiots, Then it all straightens out again then they become Wonderful young adults.Give or Take..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts