Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Spent ~3 hours at the garage today to wash and wax the wheels and clean the rotors/sprocket. New titanium rear rotor bolts along with the carrier bolts. Fresh Diablo III also mounted.

Still some things to be done before starting the season...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Read your post, totally awesome project and such and amount of nice parts.
I recently bought a 999S and your post is such and inspiration!!!
Regards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Absolutely love this post. Your attention to detail on this is top shelf!! This build is an inspiration to me with my "new to me" 06' 999. Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spent ~3 hours at the garage today to wash and wax the wheels and clean the rotors/sprocket. New titanium rear rotor bolts along with the carrier bolts. Fresh Diablo III also mounted.

Still some things to be done before starting the season...
So of all the modifications, changes and accessories that you've accumulated, which one is the most aesthetically pleasing, and which one has had the most impact on the handling and/or performance of Isabella.

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
So of all the modifications, changes and accessories that you've accumulated, which one is the most aesthetically pleasing, and which one has had the most impact on the handling and/or performance of Isabella.
Aesthetically my favorite part is probably the tank. I'm not a fan of the tiny original one and although the Beater tank isn't a 1:1 RS replica it's close enough. Handling or performance-wise I don't really have an opinion since I haven't properly ridden the bike in stock condition. The Akrapovic provides an epic noise so that's always a major plus in my books :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I shall be collecting my 2007 999s on Wednesday. She's a lovely clean bike but you've already given me several things to think about particularly the cut outs on the Termi carbon cover. Where did you get the mesh from?
Congratulations, Isabella is a stunning looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
@Richie53 I bought the mesh on eBay I think, can't quite remember anymore. Just make sure you buy something with small eyes, the large ones meant for cars look a bit funny in the small openings on the Termi cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Richie53 I bought the mesh on eBay I think, can't quite remember anymore. Just make sure you buy something with small eyes, the large ones meant for cars look a bit funny in the small openings on the Termi cover.
How did you attach the mesh to the underside of the carbon cover?
I’m making you my official 999s style guide 😊

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Not my thread or bike to pass judgment. But I will🤣. There are only three 999’s that I have ever liked, not including the last FO bikes. My bastard (of corse). Trussdude’s and Jusususs pile of poop😄. They all have a beauty that just got isn’t compatible. It’s like three very different and very beautiful woman. And if I HAD to choose It would be at the toss of a coin and I wouldn’t be unhappy with the one I got. I haven’t seen enough of trussies 999 and would love to see more. Hint hint.😁

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
How did you attach the mesh to the underside of the carbon cover?
I’m making you my official 999s style guide 😊
I used some heat resistant JB Weld putty.

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #416 (Edited)

The stock length ISR levers turned out to be too short on the clutch side - the switch block is so wide that I could not get the master cylinder close enough to the grip. ISR makes 30mm longer levers so I had to purchase them and have them anodized black separately. Had the first proper ride today and everything feels good now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. what an impressive build. I recently got an 05 999S. And have spent hours going over this thread.
What mirrors are those?

401 - 419 of 419 Posts