Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

361 - 380 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
"Pierre" was said to have been inspired by older "Streamliner" locomotives when he designed that bike's lines and overall look.

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Cheers but they are not in stock. Found one on eBay and Bursi has them as well. Just need to confirm if it's actually broken :)

But from an engineering point of view there's no other option - when downshifting without rev matching the clutch lever does not return quickly and the revs go down sloooowly. When rev matching it works fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I'm keeping this clutch for sure. Just need to figure out where the problem is, it really can't be anything else than the spring or super dried up ramps working well one way only? :confused:

Didn't notice any difference with the wheels, but they look nice :D

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Clutch is working fine again, the spider spring had lost ~1.5mm of its height so it was quite done. 2.5 years in tension had done its job :)

Mounted an Acerbis catch tank for the tank breather. Not the prettiest job with sticky tape so far but will try velcro later.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
If it’s not to much of a problem you could drill a hole at the end of the handlebar and poke the breather tube there. I can’t see any reason to have it go into a catch bottle. Does that much fuel come out of it? I think you should also replace the clear with black as the clear will go milky and look dreadful after a while.

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
@xracer My clip-ons are carbon fiber so I'm not putting fuel anywhere near them :D

A tiny bit of fuel does come out of the breather especially when the tank is full and the engine is hot. Previously I had the hose on a loop inside the front fairing but since the fuel then just gathered on the lowest section of the hose I'd get a random burst of fuel spitting on the side fairing... Not cool.

The one way valve is nowadays a two way valve since I poked a nail through it - the one way action felt dangerous due to pressure building inside the tank when the bike is sitting in sunlight.

Don't worry, the hose will be replaced often enough to not look milky :D

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
@xracer Would you get even more nervous if they were made in China? >:)

They are 2mm thick plain weave tube cut to length. For added "protection" I epoxied a length of alu profile where the brackets are tightened. The previous ones were 2mm twill weave without the alu profile. I think I've done more miles with carbon than aluminium clip-ons :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Carbon bars. Stupid me, what was I thinking:)
Funny how my brain works. I trust my carbon wheel but get nervous when I think about carbon handle bars.
I was a lil' iffy too but had a crack at it, albeit nothing as purty as Jussi's effort....but probably the same Chinese carbon supplier.

I just filled the clamped end with epoxy, thinking "It's a race bike, these are pretty much consumables." I didn't quite know what to expect, but I ended up lifting the front of the bike off the ground by a single bar. I even low sided a couple of months back, in a classically dumb cold morning, cold tyre moment (you do 80% of the lap without turning left) but the bar is still fine, just needed a new plug. The things I do in the name of testing.....

It's pretty cheap bling, cost me $150USD (delivered) for a set of new bare Renthal clamps and enough carbon for 2 sets of bars. Turned up some plugs out of some old HDPE offcuts. Weight saving was just on 300gm's over the previous FBF clip ons...not huge but I've paid more money for less, lol.

Apologies for the thread-jack, Jussi.

I've seen a couple of the 749RS with the tank breather tube fed into one side of the tubular front fairing stay, and "breathing" through a set of tiny holes drilled in the front......buuuuuut that's not much use with a road bike.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not sure it'll help but here's the setup on the ex-Martin Jessop JHP 749RS:

Your road mag fairing stay is actually more like the carbon stay on the earlier Corse bikes, and it looks like you have the Corse breather kit:

So you could always tuck it down here like they did:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Either or? It’s the same style container.

Our race rules stipulate the tank breather be routed to the airbox, which is even tidier.

Sorry mate, you are probably slapping your forehead, saying “Why did I even mention this?!” Haha

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
@seven4niner The tank itself is the same as the one I'm using but on that setup it's for coolant overflow.

I'm not slapping my forehead at all, I'm open for suggestions >:) Not a huge fan of the current solution at all so I might just put a longer hose and route it to the bottom of the engine like the coolant overflow and airbox breather.

This is what the tank looked like after a week when I went to the garage to replace the sticky tape with velcro:

Most likely a tiny drop of fuel on that corner (bike on side stand) and it's already gone soft... :confused: Note to self: oil tanks don't withstand fuel.

361 - 380 of 407 Posts