Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
you need that engine turning for it to shift properly, although it sounds to me like the end of the shifter/drum actuator is worn! i would need to see photots of this off the bike! its pretty obvious when worn! i have a few in the garage
Are you talking about the wear on the drum pins?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Look at the linkage running to the shift lever itself. Bike I bought had a nonstandard bolt swapped in at the Heim joint at the footpeg end that was longer than it should have been. The bolt end stuck out too far and would contact the swingarm and not let the shift lever move through its full range of motion.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Look at the linkage running to the shift lever itself. Bike I bought had a nonstandard bolt swapped in at the Heim joint at the footpeg end that was longer than it should have been. The bolt end stuck out too far and would contact the swingarm and not let the shift lever move through its full range of motion.
I can see a mark on my swing arm. It looks like a long bolt was used at one time, the bolt in there now doesn't hit, but its good to know, thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
I only say to do this because when this happened to me and I sorted it, shortly after the shim from behind the flywheel failed, bits of that went into the gearbox and bits of that went into the vertical cylinder!! (game over)

that was the start of a 3 year build ££££££$$$$$$$ better safe than sorry mate.
Shims don’t fail on flywheels when put on CORRETLY.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Shims don’t fail on flywheels when put on CORRETLY.

dude! this was before i owned the bike! whatever previous work was done and they (messed) it up!
i did adjust the gear linkage but in the end was a greater problem that was the root cause!

fyi the next problem i had was loss of power, cant change gear, wont rock backwards or forwards when i did eventually get (N) and then the oil flowing into the breather and the airbox!

better to be safe than $$$$$orry

21 - 25 of 25 Posts