Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF MY 696 BUILD I'M IN THE PROCESS OF DOING.

THIS IS HOW I BOUGHT MY 696 FROM A CUSTOMER IN "AS IS CONDITION"

HERE IS THE RIGHT SIDE OF IT

HERE IT IS PART WAY THROUGH THE BUILD. IT'S NICE TO BE THE SERVICE MANAGER AT SPECTRUM MOTORSPORTS FOR THE CONNECTIONS AND ABILITY FOR THIS BUILD...THANK YOU JAMEY

HERE IS THE CASE COVER THAT TOOK ME WAY TO LONG TO GET IT HOW I WANTED IT.

HERE IT IS AS OF TODAY. GOT THE EXHAUST DONE, BUT HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO START IT YET DUE TO SOME MORE FABRICATING I'M DOING TO MAKE EVERY THING FIT PROPERLY.

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice, im following this build from now on :), the surface of the clutch cover does look kind of rough, as if there is a first layer of paint underneath that hasn't completely come off. also i think the muffler is a little too small for the bike, but hey, that's only my humble opinion, it's your bike :yeah:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On The Clutch Cover I Used A Wrinkle Paint On The Face Then Went Over Everything With An Engine Enamel. Next I Have To Finish Up The Pan I Have Made For The Under Tail And Paint It Along With Putting Heat Shield Material Between The Seat And Under Tail Pan. My Next Bit Of Fitting And Machining Parts Is For The S2r Rear Sets I'm Putting On Instead Of The Stock 696 Reset / Pass Peg Assy. I Should Have My Body Work Back From The Painter Next Week.

I'm Curious On How The Exhaust Will Perform, But I Don't Expect Anything Negative In Performance From It.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under Tray / Heat Shield

Here are some pictures of how we made the exhaust mount and the under tray / heat shield. I wanted the exhaust to be as high as possible so we went above the bottom of the sub frame and made the bracket for the mount.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot One

I forgot to add this picture also. Looking in from the side you can get a better idea on how the mounting of the exhaust and under tray all comes together.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Headlight and Started bike today

Was finally able to start up the bike today and it sounds really good. It has a nice deep tone and not to loud at all. Also have the headlight assembly all installed now and just a few more mechanical items until it is ready to ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its Finally Finished

I finished it up on Saturday and took it to the track at Fontana on Sunday. The bike worked great and handled the way I was expecting....which I like. I have to say, the new Pirelli Rosso Corsa is a great tire and have nothing but good to say about it. The body work was done by California Cycle Design so a big thank you to Borris. Huge thanks to everyone at Spectrum Motorsports for helping me with this....Jamey, Michael, Cris, Brannon, Mario, Jon, james, Rob and Neil from NFracing, as well as JJ for building my exhaust and bracket.

·
Registered
541 Posts
great build, The only thing I didn't like is the chrome on the Yosh, maybe the full carbon will look better.

you ride the monster like a supermoto, interesting:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reply for Yabo

In the future I'll be ceramic coating the exhaust black all the way up to the carbon tip so that polished can will go better than it does now. I went with it instead of the carbon because after awhile carbon starts loosing look and there is nothing you can do about it....not to mention i can ceramic coat this one for what the carbon would have cost me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reply for Butcher

My back ground is dirt and supermoto mostly and thats one of the reasons I went with a 4 inch higher bar. I got t-boned at the track a few years ago and lost a lot of mobility in my left leg so I'm not able to ride road race style anymore either....and I'm more comfortable ridding it the way I do. Besides, it freaks out the super bikes out when there is a 696 Monster and my leg is out and they cant pass me or loose me through all of the twisties. The only place I got passed was on the long straights (where one of my friends hit 183mph on his R-1) and at the end of the day I was only a couple seconds slower around the track than my buddies on a CBR929 and a Ducati 848....not to bad for what some people call a girls bike....:D

·
Registered
407 Posts
My back ground is dirt and supermoto mostly and thats one of the reasons I went with a 4 inch higher bar. I got t-boned at the track a few years ago and lost a lot of mobility in my left leg so I'm not able to ride road race style anymore either....and I'm more comfortable ridding it the way I do. Besides, it freaks out the super bikes out when there is a 696 Monster and my leg is out and they cant pass me or loose me through all of the twisties. The only place I got passed was on the long straights (where one of my friends hit 183mph on his R-1) and at the end of the day I was only a couple seconds slower around the track than my buddies on a CBR929 and a Ducati 848....not to bad for what some people call a girls bike....:D
I find that when things go completely bad on the road, my dirt bike instincts kick in and I put a foot out. Was worried about it at first, but in fact, it's saved me twice...at least.

Well done man.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts