Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!!

I had to leave my bike parked under the burning Spanish sun for 5 days. When I came back my battery was completely drained and didn't even have power to light the panels. I assume I have left this little damned parking light one when I had to leave it in a rush.

I've tried charging up the battery with a homemade device that I have manufactured and used before which gives it a current of 19V and 2,1A. The batter has been successfully charged up to 12V now, however I have no clue about the intensity of the current it provides.

The problem comes when I mounted it back and the bike won't start (Please see the attached video)
I've tried to start with another battery from a 125Tmax ( this one is less powerful) and it won't start either, however my recharged Ducati's battery will start the Max..

Any clues?

Thank you for your attention !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

I tried starting the bike connecting it to a WV Polo and still the same result. Removed the air filter to make sure sufficient air fills the cylinder and nothing happens, thus I assume something is going on with the fuel.

Removed sparks after trying to start up and confirmed they're not wet, no fuel reaching the cylinder :(
I tried starting the bike with tank cap open to listen for noise and I can't recall any noise inside... is the fuel pump not working? would you check for clogged fuel lines?

Greets!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump prime? It's hard to miss once you hear it.
I would start by checking the fuses on the bike and then the relays.

What year is the bike?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a similar problem on my s2r 1k a few months ago. I had to rule out everything and it turned out to be
the fuel pump. Eventually, I was able to chalk it up to a faulty wiring harness that comes out of the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ! thanks for your response.

It was the fuel pump. After checking few more times I realized there was no noise at all. Then I jumped the wires straight from the battery and magic happened. Recognized some wires coming from the plug were damaged ( the copper inside of the wires was kind of like dust). Replaced these and I was able to ride the bike just fine.

However, after a couple of days of no use, I found the bike with the battery completely drained again. It must be def coming from the fuel pump circuit. Any ideas on where to check?

Btw, its a 2007 695 monster.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Perfect! So it was the fuel pump. My bike is the same year.

Kind of hard to tell from here. But do you hear the fuel pump relays when turn on/off the bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts