Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you may remember that back in May I bought a 2006 Sport Classic. It was the first one I ever rode and absolutely love it. My wife shortly after showed interest in getting on the back of one so I started searching for a more basic city bike with 2 seats (i was looking at SF848's, and Scrambler Cafe Racers, triumph thruxton 1200's, etc) After riding the 2006 for a couple of weeks while I was shopping for another bike I decided that i could NOT leave the sport classic family. Made a deal for a 2009 Ducati GT1000 with only 1700 miles and a termi exhaust already installed. One owner bike, who bought it brand new from Ducati Soho. Have had it for 2 weeks and a couple hundred miles and absolutely LOVE her. The handlebars are really nice and the exhaust sounds amazing. On thursday the 06 goes in for a double mastectomy on thursday to get rid of those awful stock pipes.

Completely hooked on sport classics !!

hudsonStables.jpg

Gt1000.jpg

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
Well done! You're going to get a lot of enjoyment from those machines! They're keepers, all!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats that makes a nice pair!
Those with the Termi exhaust sound real great.

(Nice yellow 930 Porsche in the background too :) )

·
Registered
407 Posts
They truly make for great pairs... and a dry clutch SC with a wet clutch GT model will give two different riding experiences diversifying your garage. Congrats!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ughhh Ive been eyeing the classic's for a while. Just picked up an SF848 and have to trim the herd before I can even think of adding another. I'm going to be 100% Ducati in the next year at this rate.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Congrats!!

Two-valves plus Termis... Music to my ears (my biased opinion).

I'm slowly acquiring parts as spares and for my future 2nd Sport Classic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats that makes a nice pair!
Those with the Termi exhaust sound real great.

(Nice yellow 930 Porsche in the background too :) )
Thank you! The Gt1000 came with Termis installed and WOW do they sound amazing. I have never heard the Zard System in person but they are being installed on the 2006 as we speak and then i just have to wait for the ECU to come back!

and yeah I wish that 930 was mine as well. I parked it at a place called Hudson Stables in jersey, they have an affiliation with the Classic Car Club of manhattan, really cool place with great cars

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah, the Manhattan CCC, I remember seing a few cool videos on those guys; they have a great place & car stable indeed.

I have to say that as nice sounding the Termi are on my biposto, the "spaghetti" dual Zard on a Monoposto must be one of the coolest exhaust setup I've ever seen on a motorcycle; I've never seen/heard one in person though, let us know how you find it compared to the Termi once you get the bike back!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I absolutely will update you as soon as I get it back from the shop, hopefully in another 2-3 weeks!

Ah, the Manhattan CCC, I remember seing a few cool videos on those guys; they have a great place & car stable indeed.

I have to say that as nice sounding the Termi are on my biposto, the "spaghetti" dual Zard on a Monoposto must be one of the coolest exhaust setup I've ever seen on a motorcycle; I've never seen/heard one in person though, let us know how you find it compared to the Termi once you get the bike back!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics, as Zard's are the hot set up!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I remember when I put termis on my S1K about 6 months into owing it, it was so loud I though for sure I'd get pulled over between the shop and my house. Now it sounds normal.

BTW the ZARDs sound bigger than the Termis. It's also a full exhaust system whereas the 2+2 Termi system is only slip-ons. A work of art...

congrats on your two SCs.. you're a little late to the party but I guess better late than never. ;). Nothing comes close in terms of modern classics.

have fun discovering all the shit you need to do to these bikes for them to be "just so". It's endless. I hope your wife is cool with your "hobby expenses"...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have NEVER been one to spend money on modifying my cars, I respect those who do but its just never been my thing. Even before I took delivery of the GT I was already ordering fender eliminator kits, a rear hugger, looking at tubeless Alpinas, considering re-covering the slippery seat and between overpaying by probably 2k for the 2006 plus the zard system, ST4 risers (which are crazy expensive new), tail tidy I'm already wayyyyyy deep into this mess.

But for now I'm newly unemployed and really enjoying the freedom of having a bike and no damn job. Hopefully, knock wood, they don't give me any unexpected crap until at least next year so I can keep this, kid on Christmas morning, feeling going when I ride them!

I remember when I put termis on my S1K about 6 months into owing it, it was so loud I though for sure I'd get pulled over between the shop and my house. Now it sounds normal.

BTW the ZARDs sound bigger than the Termis. It's also a full exhaust system whereas the 2+2 Termi system is only slip-ons. A work of art...

congrats on your two SCs.. you're a little late to the party but I guess better late than never. ;). Nothing comes close in terms of modern classics.

have fun discovering all the shit you need to do to these bikes for them to be "just so". It's endless. I hope your wife is cool with your "hobby expenses"...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats on the GT1000- nice score! Look forward to seeing how your Sport comes out with the Zards. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have NEVER been one to spend money on modifying my cars, I respect those who do but its just never been my thing. Even before I took delivery of the GT I was already ordering fender eliminator kits, a rear hugger, looking at tubeless Alpinas, considering re-covering the slippery seat and between overpaying by probably 2k for the 2006 plus the zard system, ST4 risers (which are crazy expensive new), tail tidy I'm already wayyyyyy deep into this mess.

But for now I'm newly unemployed and really enjoying the freedom of having a bike and no damn job. Hopefully, knock wood, they don't give me any unexpected crap until at least next year so I can keep this, kid on Christmas morning, feeling going when I ride them!
Yeah same here. My car is bone stock. and aside from the "bigger wheels" option and a fairly efficient "sports mode", it's a plug-in hybrid SUV that screams family car.

My 999S has received very few but very precise and necessary mods that otherwise don't mess with PT's perfect penmanship. The key word here is unmolested.

I think I'm well into the $30K range in expenses on my sport classic, (including the purchase of the bike new in 2007...). It's absurd.

The latest addition to the stable, my KTM 1290 superadventure aka the beast, has already managed to rack up close to $7k in goodies in just 4 months. But now it goes to 11.

In French there's a saying: when you love you don't count...

Anyway, aside from few very predictable issues (fuel like clamp failure, soft valve guides, lay shaft seal failure, voltage rectifier failure...) and anything related to corrosion if your babies sleep outside, the DS1000 is a tractor and should never die. Service it as instructed and maybe change the oil more often and you really shouldn't have any issues.

Enjoy!

Reactions: motoFiend
1 - 15 of 15 Posts