Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So far I've had my MTS for a little over a month and its sitting with about 1,600 miles. First service was done and the rear brake issue addressed even though I dont ever use it. I haven't addded too much to it besides the rear top case, a Cortech tank bag which comes in very handy. I've also added the Carbon tank pad and side tank pad by Ducati. This week I bought a set of bar ends, reservior covers and new levers. My wife and I have taken it pretty far distance and have loved it. Since 2003 i've had an R6 and R1. Sold the R1 to get the Duc. Joining the Duc fam has been great. We joined the Mid America Ducatis Owner Group out of KC Kansas. We will be headed to Indy for the GP race in August as well with the moto. I also made some Italian helmets with helmets that were gonna be thrown away by my friend. Here are some pics of our DUC LIFE! The Levers will be up for sale if I cant have them swapped for longer levers. I installed one and it was too short for a touring bike.

This is one awesome bike. Wish I got something like this yrs ago....but If i had I wouldnt have had the chance to get this sexy beast. I took it off road into a hay field and played...hahah! so much fun.

Day one when I picked Catarina up

Wife trying her out

Downtown KC at a coffee bike shop

MADOG meeting in the park with pasta for lunch

MADOG ride to a vintage bike show and Ducati was the main event bike

My garage

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fun times..70 miles from home and playing in the fields ENDURO mode :)

Awsome Pic in Florence Missouri

My Track

Wife Loves her

Before:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nice! I'm moving to Chicago with me lady in a month so I'll probably be riding to Indy for the GP as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet! we'll have to catch up. My wife and I are working Ducati Island and getting free tickets for doing so. Friday and Saturday morning Parking for Ducs only.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
sweet! we'll have to catch up. My wife and I are working Ducati Island and getting free tickets for doing so. Friday and Saturday morning Parking for Ducs only.
Definitely!

Hey, live in Chicago northwest suburbs. Really good Ducati dealership in Chicago in villa park area. It's called MCC motorcycle center. Got my multistrada there.
Will definitely check them out once I move up there. We just leased a place in Aurora. The people here at AMS Dallas Ducati said there is a new dealer up there that's very good but they don't only do Ducatis apparently.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Really cool pictures, enjoy the bike!

Little thing I noticed, the funny license plate, the person on the yellow bike, with the yellow jacket and shoes... QWACK

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely!

Will definitely check them out once I move up there. We just leased a place in Aurora. The people here at AMS Dallas Ducati said there is a new dealer up there that's very good but they don't only do Ducatis apparently.

I did a track day this past weekend and there was a guy there with an black 848 EVO and he drove all the way from Dallas to attend the class with us. It was a RIDESMART track day school. Unfortunatly he crashed very badly on the front straight..too much front brake. When I got up to him he was laid out and i helped him unstrap his helmet(left it on) just undid the chin strap so he could breath and i also unzipped his suit cause he was freaking out and hyperventilating. He was screaming that his leg was hurting and when I looked at it he leg was snapped in a 90 degree and toes up laying on his back. He had a leather two piece Ducati suit, gloves and Ducati Aria helmet. Was taken off by a stretcher and ambulance. I really hope he makes it through and gets back on the horse.

On another note..ya the guy with the 1098 yellow love his plate..QWAKE..lol his in the MADOG with us.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely!

MCC has been selling and servicing Ducatis for years. They also do Triumph, MV, and KTM. Only European stuff. Good people. Aurora is a nice area. You will like it. I think there is a track not too far from Aurora.

Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Motor Cycle Center

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I did a track day this past weekend and there was a guy there with an black 848 EVO and he drove all the way from Dallas to attend the class with us. It was a RIDESMART track day school. Unfortunatly he crashed very badly on the front straight..too much front brake. When I got up to him he was laid out and i helped him unstrap his helmet(left it on) just undid the chin strap so he could breath and i also unzipped his suit cause he was freaking out and hyperventilating. He was screaming that his leg was hurting and when I looked at it he leg was snapped in a 90 degree and toes up laying on his back. He had a leather two piece Ducati suit, gloves and Ducati Aria helmet. Was taken off by a stretcher and ambulance. I really hope he makes it through and gets back on the horse.

On another note..ya the guy with the 1098 yellow love his plate..QWAKE..lol his in the MADOG with us.
Man that sucks! I know a lot of guys traveled up there last weekend with Ridesmart. One of the guys was running Pirelli race take off that I gave him since he needed tires last minute for that event. Didn't hear about the accident though. I'll check to see who it was.

MCC has been selling and servicing Ducatis for years. They also do Triumph, MV, and KTM. Only European stuff. Good people. Aurora is a nice area. You will like it. I think there is a track not too far from Aurora.

Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Motor Cycle Center
Maybe that's them. I'll check with my guy at AMS. The only problem I foresee with going there is all the other bikes I have to drool over while I'm in there for service :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man that sucks! I know a lot of guys traveled up there last weekend with Ridesmart. One of the guys was running Pirelli race take off that I gave him since he needed tires last minute for that event. Didn't hear about the accident though. I'll check to see who it was.

Maybe that's them. I'll check with my guy at AMS. The only problem I foresee with going there is all the other bikes I have to drool over while I'm in there for service :D
Tell me about it. I have bought several bikes from them. Everytime I go there its like being in a candy store. They are good people though.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This is the local Ridesmart forum. He posted up and seems to be in good spirits.

I'm ok! - motodfw

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet I replied to him and he seems to be doing good in hi spirits. Thanks man...See you in Indy? you riding? We are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice bike. I have the exact same one :) 2012 S Touring in red. I have an aftermarket Givi on mine (cheaper, but have to carry an extra key around...).

Mine just turned 2400 miles this afternoon.

Looks like your girl is tall enough to ride the thing, too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are both about 5'7..im on toes with it. No biggie. When I ride I always just one foot i've always done it like that. we love the bike. Just need to take a over night trip soon with her.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Sweet I replied to him and he seems to be doing good in hi spirits. Thanks man...See you in Indy? you riding? We are.
Good deal. Very likely that we are but we're so last minute anything could change lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shit! We got tickets, hotel and reservations for Ducati Dinner Friday scheduled. I got a hold of the lady (VICKI) that is in charge of Ducati Island. If you volunteer to work there 2 shifts you get free tickets for the 3 days. $125 value for 8 hrs of fun. The wife and I are wokring 8am-11am showing people where to park for the Ducati parking only. easy work. We will also get a Ducati Staff shirt each day we work. Its gonna be a blast.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts