Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
What ended up being the weight differential of OEM chain vs the new 520?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Who makes the carbon front fender under tray with the snout insert? I have one from Full Six but it is basically flat, like the look of this one. Is it solid at the back or open for airflow?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Who makes the carbon front fender under tray with the snout insert? I have one from Full Six but it is basically flat, like the look of this one. Is it solid at the back or open for airflow?
It's actually a bestem part. I still need to drill drain holes int it but it is otherwise a perfect part. I'm sure your part is lighter but I wanted to retain the OEM look.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thought it might be looking at the sticker. I've had mostly not great results with their stuff and fitment, either warped or misplaced mounting holes, etc. The finish is usually decent but I sent a bunch back that I got for the Hyper a few years ago and only kept a couple pieces after making them fit.

I ended up ordering FullSix carbon which fits well but the clear finish isn't great, so going to have it all painted and cleared when I finally get to it.

Glad that piece worked out for you, it looks good! I might take have to take a gamble on one.

Edit: I checked, it's 100 grams on the kitchen scale.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thought it might be looking at the sticker. I've had mostly not great results with their stuff and fitment, either warped or misplaced mounting holes, etc. The finish is usually decent but I sent a bunch back that I got for the Hyper a few years ago and only kept a couple pieces after making them fit.

I ended up ordering FullSix carbon which fits well but the clear finish isn't great, so going to have it all painted and cleared when I finally get to it.

Glad that piece worked out for you, it looks good! I might take have to take a gamble on one.

Edit: I checked, it's 100 grams on the kitchen scale.
I had nothing but issues with their stuff in the past on other bikes. I only gave them a shot this time to avoid waiting 2+ months for something to arrive from overseas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
These are bestem bits as well. Perfect fit and finish. Little details like this really help this old gal look at little more contemporary.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm trying to decide if I want to epoxy and "set-screw" the gas cap key in place

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
My CS sprocket finally arrived after weeks of COVID related delays so I was able to get the chain cut down, weighed, and installed. So the total 520 conversion saves about 3.5lbs of rotating mass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
I farted around a bit last night to start bedding in all of the new pads. It sputters and backfires a bit more than I prefer, I'm not sure if it's more old gas than tune right now but we'll see if it improves when I put at least a tank of gas through it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm endeavoring to both expand crankcase volume and retain some kind of PCV valve/breather reed system. I looked around and found a member here concocted this guy from two, older screw-in style valves

I have purchased a pair of them myself and will be installing them atop my breather bracket with the mini K&N atop it. My current breather is straight-through and I've noticed some oil aeration as a result.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts