Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now, this competition CNC breather isn't configured for use with a reed valve. I'm going to try running a 3/4 automotive PCV/Check valve just before the breather tube bends up to meet the manifold under the tank.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
330s and Ti bolts mocked up, I have custom 12.5mm spacers enroute and would be happy to share my source if anyone else wants to make the swap. I also have a set of EPFA pads which when combined with these rotors should give this some serious "WHOAH!"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This may seem silly but the difference in profile here is what really makes the brake swap possible due to wheel clearance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was able to reassemble things enough to test my custom wires and to my delight they work nicely

I swapped to a billet PSR sidestand since the OEM was ugly and weighed 500g more

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looking good!

What do the 330mm rotors weight vs stock? I have 320mm Brembo HP rotors which are heavier (5.5mm thick), the ti hardware does help a little. :LOL:

I wasn't happy with the fitment angle of the Ducabike Ohlins damper on the Evo SP so ended up shimming the ignition mounts and top bracket/damper.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh man, I am diggggggging those handlebar buttons. I've been wanting to do that to clean up bars as well as run wires into the bars. My goal for the next year is aggressively hiding/rerouting any wires I can throughout the whole bike. Had to edit my comment just to say I seriously dig the direction you're going in with this bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The 330s actually weigh slightly less (about 50g each) since they use fewer buttons and a lighter carrier. Of course, they will feel heavier since they have more mass farther out from the center of rotation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lightening up the rear end with some billet parts and a galfer wave

Shorai power and tidy turn signal wiring. I relearned the hard way that ducati inverts their wiring polarity left to right (took me a minute to figure this out back in the day on my M750)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'd like to do a 520 conversion with a hardended aluminum or supersprox rear sprocket to really shed weight on the rear. The OEM 41T is almost 3lbs!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Now to turn to the aesthetics. The original owner had a mishap with a strap that peeled back and ripped a portion of the pinstripe and it appears the hook put a small scratch in the paint. I cut out the ripped portion with a razor blade but the clear coat lines remain.

So from here I have a few options, 1. Try to match that pin stripe with paint or a new piece of vinyl (Ducati has discontinued the graphic), 2. Be patient and buy used, 3. Go carbon (ugly), or 4. Convert to dirtbike shroud graphics. Option 4 is the most interesting route, particularly some of the Italian offerings I've seen on ebay:

I'm thinking about having the sides made up in red/black similar to the originals as I really like the original color scheme. Thoughts?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oberon w/Ti banjo-bleeder

I've decided to just replace the chain and sprockets despite the general good condition and low mileage. The weight and bit of corrosion on the chain itself bugged me.

I'll be going with a 14/41 ratio (also swapping to a 180/60 Q4 which will normalize the ratio a bit), gold ERV7 520 chain, poly/titanium cush, driven aluminum nuts, and an aluminum PBR rear sprocket. It will be interesting to see what that assembly weighs compared to stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I also ordered this 3D printed tail tidy:

It's amazing how much nicer the slave made the clutch pull. I imagine swapping to a true radial MC would make it outright sublime but that will have to wait.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I got some new pitbull kit in to make hauling this guy to the track with my race bike possible.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
it'll be tight but it looks like it will work. I'm surprised by how long the hyper's wheelbase is (58") vs the ZX10R (54.5")

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Stomp grip and DP Seat added

Really trying to cut weight on the rear (disc is 200g lighter, bolts are 125g lighter)

Clean, OEM chain weight for reference

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
CF case cover

DP CF chain guard arrived from Italy after a 2 month wait

I wasn't sure how I felt about the grey sprocket but it looks more like a works bike with it so it will stay

21 - 40 of 56 Posts