Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this 2010 EVO SP with 1200 original miles last week. It was rougher than I thought it would be but after driving almost 3 hours to see it and knowing how rare these are in this part of the country I had to take it home with me. I'm going to be doing some simple mods and surely will need some help in sourcing/selecting parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
added a G2 quick turn, billet throttle tube and domino housing and a new set of bars (less pull-back than stock)

I found it interesting the whole duck bill needs to be removed to access the top fork leg pinch bolt

From here I have a slew of items enroute. The front rotors were looking a little tatted from sitting so I'm binning them and converting to 330mm M1200R rotors. I'm also going with a CNC open clutch cover and pressure plate (I'd like to ride it a bit more prior to going with a slipper), RCS master cylinders, custom STM switches, competition werkes integrated tail light, fork leg mounted front signals, and a slew or Rizoma goodies.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some parts of this bike are sun faded while others are showroom fresh. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern either which I find very odd. It has some decal damage on the left side fairing from a strap rubbing while the previous owner transported. It had also been dropped on both side as the handguards were missing and brake pedal tip was broken. I replaced the pedal tip with an adjustable/eccentric Zeta tip

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely hated the OEM cap on the 08 1100S I borrowed for a few days back in November so that was I change I intended to make right away on this

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool bike . I’ve been and still am in the market for a nice Evo Sp for some time now . Your bike looks to have a ton of potential . Sometimes low mileage isn’t always a good thing right ?! Look forward to seeing and reading your progress ...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I turned town a closer, much nicer/blinged, and cheaper 08 1100S for this bike. Joke's on me I guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
looks like these Monster 1200R 330mm rotors will fit however removal/installation will require removing the brake pads.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I found it interesting the whole duck bill needs to be removed to access the top fork leg pinch bolt

From here I have a slew of items enroute. The front rotors were looking a little tatted from sitting so I'm binning them and converting to 330mm M1200R rotors. I'm also going with a CNC open clutch cover and pressure plate (I'd like to ride it a bit more prior to going with a slipper), RCS master cylinders, custom STM switches, competition werkes integrated tail light, fork leg mounted front signals, and a slew or Rizoma goodies.
Looking good so far Pit Bull makes these neat little brackets to hold the calipers and caliper bolts for your front stands.
Pit_Bull_Caliper_Holders_for_Hybrid_Headlift_Front_Stands_2__77736.1551459010.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a cool add-on. I still need a DR rearstand pin and the TRS adapters for this bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As parts trickle in I've discovered a few misfires in the planning process. These 330mm rotors will indeed fit however I was under the false impression that the OEM rotors were 300mm not 305mm. So the hunt for a set of 12.5mm spacers or someone to produce them for me can begin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Digging this for sure. Keep up the solid work. Always was a big fan of that paint scheme. Interested to see what comes of the rotor swap. Let me know what you come up with as I thought about doing something similar when it comes time to replace my rotors. Good call going with the EVO imo! The extra power and less weight are quite the bonus. I am in no way saying the original 1100 is a slouch but I'll take every performance upgrade I can get haha.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Now, back to the other misfire. I purchased a Lightech mag brake lever and remote adjuster for the project and was told it would fit the OEM MC. Well it turns out it does not and is intended for use with the 848/1098/1198 style MC that carries the pivot barrel within the lever rather than the Hyper's pivot pin. There are a few other differences that prohibit swapping the pin style so I'm on the hunt for a new MC. I had thought about convertin to an RCS but the general consensus is the OEM ratio is ideal. I have 6 piston ISRs and Nissins on some of my other bikes and the 19RCS is just barely enough for them!
I decided to try a 14T CS sprocket as many have suggested for this model. If it works well I'll keep the ratio when I convert to a lighter, nicer looking 520 setup this winter.

I decided to use a competition werkes integrated rear light.

I also changed the oil and judging by the amount of non-ferrous detritus in it I would guess this is either it's first or second change.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took a peak at the OEM air filter and found more evidence of low-mileage/time sitting

I was blown away by how large and heave the OEM airbox is and yet how tiny it's opening is

picked up a gently used velocity stack kit from a forum member here

I need to find another filter for the idle air control valve as the later Hypers use a much larger tube. I'm also on the hunt for an 1098/1198 master cylinder as the folding lightech lever w/remote adjuster I bought doesn't work with the OEM brake MC. The superbikes use the drum pivot in the lever whereas the lower spec hyper uses a conical pin in the MC to account for the misalignment during lever travel.

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
35 Posts
Looking good! I built pretty much the same motor and intake in my s2r1000 and had issues with blow by out of the crankcase breather filter. I would recommend being mindful of oil level if you’re going to keep that setup.

mine has hi comp pistons so that exacerbates the issue, but I ended up routing a hose to the front of the bike and put the filter there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will be using the OEM breather tube and running it up to the bracket. I intend to install high-comp pistons in this over the winter. I'm at 4600' and riding at even higher elevations.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts