Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 916 Biposto Giallo, 2007 Monster S4RT Titanium, 2007 MTS 1100S Rosso
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped their kickstand on their S4R/S? It has a bend in it, who knows why, and my bike leans A LOT when its on the stand. I don't know if its gotten worse over the years just that my preload is high (220lb rider here), but I want to do something about it. Is there one from another bike I could use? Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Has anyone swapped their kickstand on their S4R/S? It has a bend in it, who knows why, and my bike leans A LOT when its on the stand. I don't know if its gotten worse over the years just that my preload is high (220lb rider here), but I want to do something about it. Is there one from another bike I could use? Thank you for the help!
My 999 as it came from the factory had excessive lean when parked on its sidestand. My Monster, after both front and rear suspension modifications, did too. On both bikes it was relatively easy to shape and install a Delrin pad on the bottom of their sidestands to correct the lean angles. I can't find photos of my 999, but here are three of my M900. I admit it's a little funky looking, but I oversized the pad to help keep the stand from sinking in dirt or soft asphalt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 916 Biposto Giallo, 2007 Monster S4RT Titanium, 2007 MTS 1100S Rosso
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My understanding is the 848/1#98 stands should fit and are longer.
Thank you!

My 999 as it came from the factory had excessive lean when parked on its sidestand. My Monster, after both front and rear suspension modifications, did too. On both bikes it was relatively easy to shape and install a Delrin pad on the bottom of their sidestands to correct the lean angles. I can't find photos of my 999, but here are three of my M900. I admit it's a little funky looking, but I oversized the pad to help keep the stand from sinking in dirt or soft asphalt.
i guess that’s one way of doing it. Wouldn’t mind that on my Multi, but for the monster I’d like something that looks stock.

Check the bolts in your engine case are not loose or backed out. Doesn’t take a lot to get more lean
I’m all good there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i guess that’s one way of doing it. Wouldn’t mind that on my Multi, but for the monster I’d like something that looks stock.
On my 999, I discovered that the aluminum stand had a small divot in it where it had banged into the steel bracket whenever the stand was sprung into the raised position. I drilled and tapped the divot for a very small SS flathead machine screw that prevented further erosion of the stand and because I left it a little proud of the surface, it actually reduced the lean angle too.

Your stand appears to be made of aluminum and the bracket appears to be made of steel, so it may possibly be worth your time to look for a similar divot on your stand.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My S2R leans like crazy and scares the hell out of me. I managed to track down a NOS PSR adjustable kick stand for it, however the kickstand is only adjustable to be shorter than stock 😠

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
846 Posts
That’s how I’ve done it on all my bikes, just drill and tap the bottom of the stand and add a lock nut to the top, never had any issues with them coming loose with this method.

your execution looks much better than mine lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts