Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
if it is an oem fitment ecu then it will be coded. you need to get the ecu virginised or disable the immo function. then it will work in your bike.

there were a couple of eu ecu, the early and the valve spring update. they both probably have the same 035 number on them, but the software number will be different. there's at least 3 different versions of the 035 file.
Hello Belter,
Thank you for the encouraging information. I would like to pursue the "virginization" process. Would you know of anyone who I could contact to do it? I have been checking around and haven't found anyone so far with that skill.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I have put a Rexxer Map in my St4s. It runs smoothly from 2000rpm in top. It vibrates but fueling is smooth. Not something I make a habit out of but is an example of how well these maps work. It does pull very cleanly from 3k rpm in top. They do not just change fueling as a PC would do but also change the ignition advance as well. I imagine the St3 suffers from the same low rev lumpiness as the 4s.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I have heard of the Rexxer mapping as an option. I went to a shop that performs that service in January for a regular service in an attempt to fix the "problem" that I have been struggling with. At first, since we are in California, he stated that he couldn't do a Rexxer remapping. After he worked on my ST3 and realized that it didn't have a catalytic converter he said that he would be willing to do it and expected that the treatment would provide more horsepower. As it wasn't what I was interested in I dismissed it. Maybe if I coached him on what I really want he would concentrate on better low throttle response - what I really want! Thank you for reminding me of that option.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I have heard of the Rexxer mapping as an option. I went to a shop that performs that service in January for a regular service in an attempt to fix the "problem" that I have been struggling with. At first, since we are in California, he stated that he couldn't do a Rexxer remapping. After he worked on my ST3 and realized that it didn't have a catalytic converter he said that he would be willing to do it and expected that the treatment would provide more horsepower. As it wasn't what I was interested in I dismissed it. Maybe if I coached him on what I really want he would concentrate on better low throttle response - what I really want! Thank you for reminding me of that option.
Yeah the difference with the agent here in NZ is that he sells the upgrades on the basis that the power delivery is greatly improved with better low rev performance and removal of dips in the rev range. Increased HP is a bonus benefit.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah the difference with the agent here in NZ is that he sells the upgrades on the basis that the power delivery is greatly improved with better low rev performance and removal of dips in the rev range. Increased HP is a bonus benefit.
Corse1,
You are from New Zealand? How lucky! I had the opportunity to visit your lovely country in the 90's and it is magical! Riding in NZ would be a dream once I learned to ride on the left side! Thanks for your input on Rexxer. Did your ST3 have a judder/studder at low throttle opening? If so, did the Rexxer treatment fix it? If so, maybe it would be a solution for my ST3. Since I first looked into Rexxer I see now that you can mail your ECU to them directly and they will install their ST3 map. I have requested more information from them and await hearing back from them.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Corse1,
You are from New Zealand? How lucky! I had the opportunity to visit your lovely country in the 90's and it is magical! Riding in NZ would be a dream once I learned to ride on the left side! Thanks for your input on Rexxer. Did your ST3 have a judder/studder at low throttle opening? If so, did the Rexxer treatment fix it? If so, maybe it would be a solution for my ST3. Since I first looked into Rexxer I see now that you can mail your ECU to them directly and they will install their ST3 map. I have requested more information from them and await hearing back from them.
Yes indeed! NZ has great roads. The South Island is amazing. I have St4s but rexxer map benefits apply to all. Yes it was not smooth at low revs from 3000 down and particularly at small throttle openings.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes indeed! NZ has great roads. The South Island is amazing. I have St4s but rexxer map benefits apply to all. Yes it was not smooth at low revs from 3000 down and particularly at small throttle openings.
The South Island was my favorite, hands down. I'll get back there someday!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts