Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike site unseen on ebay from a dealership in Oklahoma last October. When it arrived it was far shabbier than I was expecting- everything was covered in filth and grime, nearly every fairing was damaged, clutch fluid reservoir was nearly dry, and tires were rock hard. It looks like it may have been outside for a period. Overall just had been neglected. I had a vision for what I wanted to do with it, and today finally feel like I'm almost there.

Upgrades along the way include- SP Showas, Brembo Goldline MCs, Ferrodo pads, all lines replaced with braided stainless, Oberon slave, Barnett clutch pack, EBR springs, DP pressure plate and clutch cover, FBF high mounts, FCR39s, high mount oil cooler, custom solo tail and Corbin seat, and Mototechniques axle sliders. Probably a few other little bits here and there, but that's most of it.

Things left to do:
-idle hang- checked for air leaks, and bike runs so well that I'm hesitant to mess with anything. Fuel screws are 3.5 turns out, might throw the next size pilots on there if I have the carbs off again
-wheels?? would be nice to get a clean set of 5 spokes on there

Anyways, here she is as of today. Endless thanks to the forum members that have assisted!!

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
I like it. Everyone knows the ‘96 CR is one of the best Ducatis ever made. ( At least we do ).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Nicely done. I’m a bit envious as I bought a 1993 SS and it was in really rough shape. I’m no where near being done as it seems every time I start assembly on something, everything ends up well past it and has to be replaced. Every single nut and bolt, and anything rubber. If it doesn’t require replacement it needs extensive refurb. I’ve only just got started on bodybwork this weekend so, as I wrote, I’m a long way from where yours is. Well done man.....sean

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
FCR39's - if you have the idle hang, let me suggest looking at your throttle cable routing again, and again - doesn't take much resistance to make that happen and it will save you a lot of stress with jetting, etc,...

Good looking bike, more pics on the road please.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Bloody awesome - great job!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts