Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot to it since I got it. Here are some various pictures. Most recent additions are Ohlins rear shock, Alth rotors up front, and EvoTech gas cap.

Here is my new gas cap (stock photo)

Here is what I've done in total:

New grips

Cycle Cat milled billet triple tree clamp

Zero Gravity dark smoke double bubble screen

Gold annodized fairing bolts

Gold bar ends from DesmoPorsche

Carbon gauge surround

Lockhart Phillips half tank bra from eBay

New billet reservoir caps (black and say DESMO)

CRG shorty levers

New mirrors

Red Speigler brake lines and clutch line in red with gold bango fittings and bolts

Custom red Speigler oil return lines with gold fittings

Carbon front fender

Carbon rear hugger

Oberon mini LED rear turn signals

LED taillight bulb

New high intensity headlight bulb

Black 39 tooth Vortex Cat 5 sprocket

Red sprocket nuts

Gold RK XSO chain

Braking STX wave rotor for rear

Gold annodized axle blocks

Keihin 39mm flatslide carbs

Speedy Moto frame sliders

De-suicided the kick stand (auto retract feature is gone)

Custom oil lines - braided steel with red annodized fittings

"Hoosier Hooligans" crank case cover

New plugs

Dyna coils and new red NGK spark plug wires

New gas tank seal (old rubber looked worn)

EvoTech gas cap

New exhaust headers

Carbon 'Fast By Farracci' cans

Gold annodized crankcase breather

Gold annodized rear brake fluid cap

New taillight lens (old one was cracked)

Gold annodized oil cap

Red annodized EVO clutch slave cylinder

Speedy Moto Leggero belt covers (black billet with red domes - also have gold domes)

Speedy Moto Leggero front sprocket cover (black billet with red dome)

PSR clutch cover

Gold annodized Vertigo pressure plate

Red caps and new springs

New clutch friction plates

New clutch internals (basket and other parts all new)

Gold annodized frame plugs

Replacement left and right side rear panels newly painted

New Conti Road Attack rear tire

Corbin seat

Ohlins rear shock

Alth rotors up front

Tail cowl (not on bike as it scratches the paint on the grab rail)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice bike.

Sounds like you got the rotors and rear shock off the one I bought from Ducati Indy . . .

I'm in the process of putting the engine and rearsets into my 96SP. Well, I will be when I get around to it!

Jake
West Lafayette

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was wondering if that had a carbon fiber instrument cluster cover?? and if so where did you get it, i have a 96 900ss cr and was looking for something to cover the cluster instead of the foam..

Did you notice a big difference when you put the carbs on it??

And of course, the bike looks great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did

To my friend in Lafayette, yes, I did score the rear shock and rotors from Don's old 900SS before you bought it. I know Don and he was kind of my bike mentor so I was happy to get the chance to score his shock and sweet Alth rotors. Have you been happy with his old bike? It was very very well taken care of.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Answer

To answer the questions about the carbon gauge cluster, yes, I bought one and put it on there. It's real carbon. I bought it on eBay. It's very nice actually. You can still buy them on there, it was like $35 or so. I got mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUR-Ducati-750SS-900SS-90-97-Carbon-Fiber-Gauge-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem588260f09aQQitemZ380144513178QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

As for the carbs, the stock carbs kept fouling a plug. The shop said they could tear into them to see if they could fix the issue but honestly, they really hyped up the flatslides and the cost to move to them wasn't much more than it would have been to jack with the stocks. The shop has much experience with them and felt comfortable working with them and I got a decent price on them, at least as good as it was going to get. I do believe they help but to get the most you also need to get the beefier Dyna coils and better plug wires, which I have. They kind of function like a turbo, dumping a lot of fuel. They do have their own personality and do not like to be goosed at stop lights. Too much fuel dumped. Cold starts require two to three turns of the throttle and then some fluttering but it comes alive easily. I always have to let my bike heat up for a few minutes or it wants to stutter. Once warm it's great. During acceleration they 'chirp' and they make a vibration that can only be described as 'chirping' as well. They add character to the bike for sure and I'm convinced they work better than the stock and are easier to deal with if you have a problem. I went with the smaller diameter becasue the shop said to but honestly I've read the the smaller is for the 700cc range and the bigger is for the 900cc range. I don't know if that is true. I was put into the smaller becasue I don't have any big bore kits or lightened flywheels and most of my riding is just puttering around the West of Indianapolis out in the sticks. All in all, I like them, don't begrudge the purchase, and they seem to work well.

What I don't like about my bike is the forks. I have the non-adjustable and I get bouncing vibration on engine braking that I don't like. I had new Speedy Moto steering head bearings put in but it still does it. I've not looked at wheel bearings but the shop said they were ok. I think it's just 15 year old forks that need rebuilt or replaced. I'm a huge slut for annodized parts so I would be inclined to replace the forks just so I could put billet pre-load adjusters on the tops. I like the looks of those. Yes, I know, to some my ride is beginning to look like a tart's handbag but I don't care. It's my little money pit show piece.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The bike is fine. I've only ridden it on a track day.

I got it so I could swap out some of its parts with my 96SP, which I've had for 11 years. That motor is awesome. It's got 39mm FCRs (also wish mine were 41s), Dyna coils, 944 11:1 pistons, 45mm headers, aluminum clutch basket.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank for the info, i am going to order one of the gage cluster covers, i hate that foam that is there now, it is the only thing that looks a little cheap on the bike. As for the carbs, i have been reading up on them and it sounds like the performance you get from them is great. My stock carbs are just starting to give me trouble so i may get a set soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts