Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I took a test ride on the 1100 on Friday and I have to say I love it!

I had the dealer take me around on the back roads because I wanted to see if I felt that under 3k snatchiness and I really didn't sense it. Or at least it's not WORSE than my current bikes.

I lugged it a bit too in second gear instead of switching down just to see what it would feel like and it was okay as well.

I will tell you that having a dry clutch certainly feels a lot different, but I can't say I dislike it, it's just different.

The Monster 1100 didn't seem to haul ass any faster than my current bike but statistically that doesn't seem to make sense considering the bike is at the very least much lighter than my Shiver. Maybe the ride is just a lot smoother so I don't see it? :)

Also being on the Monster it was really amazing how far I could see over the front of the bike, it was almost like I was riding some sort of Italian Witches Broomstick!! The bike was so light it was like it wasn't there!

I have to say one of the biggest things that sold me was the SOUND. Wow that bike sounds way meaner than my current ride! It's like a wild beast! If I could afford it I'd totally get some termis but I can't right now.

I have to sell my current bike before I can pick this up but the dealer offered me a great deal so I'm really looking forward to it!

The only two complaints I have are

#1. The Seat - Wow Monster balls much? I heard the touring seat fixes it so I'm going to have to get that.

#2 The Bars - I think they are a little low for me so I need something to bring them up a bit. Of course it may have been the fact that I was sort of leaning forward a bit to avoid getting my balls crushed into the tank. I dunno.

#3 The Foot Break - There seemed to be a lot of reach for me to get to this. Is there a way to adjust this?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed on the monster egronomics (from my more humble 03 monster 620 dark)
I've had/have both the 696 and now the 1100s and it makes a big dif how you situate your self within you underwear............lolol.I won't get into details but whe you get it right you can ride without any discomfort. The bars are perfect out on the open road.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've had/have both the 696 and now the 1100s and it makes a big dif how you situate your self within you underwear............lolol.I won't get into details but whe you get it right you can ride without any discomfort. The bars are perfect out on the open road.
I have yet to find a position that doesn't feel like I am crushing my nuts after 75 miles or so.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I think the new Monster ergonomics are fine, a big improvement on the previous generation anyone and a comfy seat comapred to the superbike range. I also noticed how the front of the bike seems to disappear too when I tested it

"The first thing you notice is just how light (at 168kg, 370lbs) and short the bike is compared to the previous generation Monster’s. You sit well forward and the bike seems to disappear beneath you as you look forward. You can’t see any of the bike unless you look down to see the digital instrument pod. The riding position is still more sporty than a typical standard but far more comfy than a sportbike racing tuck and with less of a need for the gorilla arm stretch that Monster riders have become accustomed to."

·
Registered
7 Posts
i put the touring seat on my 1100 last weekend and love it. the position feels very similar to the stock seat to me, but i don't slide forward as much -- i think due to the coarse material on its sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts