Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to wring out the new clutch in my 900ss. Took a good hard ride up and down Angeles Crest without getting a ticket. Impressions are as followed. First its really quiet, if you need ting ting ting this isnt for you. All you hear is engine. I heard engine sounds that Ive never heard before! Shifting is like butter. The clutch action is fairly light, and gear changes up and down are stupid easy. I botched downshifts on purpose to see what would happen and nothing happened. Engine braking seems the same, maybe only a hair less. Overall it was a good deal given that if I replaced everything the slipper was only a tad more for a stm type slipper at 899 bucks...I'll see how it holds up over time, but so far:D

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I've had that same slipper on a couple of my bikes for a few years now.
I painted the one on my 900SSFE to match the frame.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Any update on how the slipper is holding up? I'm thinking of putting a slipper on my 1000 SS track bike and am researching my options. Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have had a MW slipper clutch for 7 years. Other than replacing the spider spring it has been bullet proof

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks Ian. That unit seems to get good reviews and the price appears reasonable. I debated the value of a slipper on a Superpsort, but the bike is track only and the clutch is due to be replaced anyway. I'm going for it. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive got a couple track days and a bunch of canyon miles on it now. No fuss no mess. Its good. Just be warned no ting ting ting. You will get a few strange looks from ducatista due to the lack of racket.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well, looks like the MW slipper isn't an option due to some supply issues. Now I'm trying to decide between EVR and the STM classic 6 spring. Leaning towards the STM so I can stick with standard 12 tooth plates in both my clutches. EVR sure looks impressive though...

Jeff

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Well, looks like the MW slipper isn't an option due to some supply issues. Now I'm trying to decide between EVR and the STM classic 6 spring. Leaning towards the STM so I can stick with standard 12 tooth plates in both my clutches. EVR sure looks impressive though...

Jeff
Nick is offering some deals on the STM slippers right now.
Contact him at [email protected]

-M

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you. What plates are generally recommending with the STM, Barnett, Surflex or OEM? I'm very happy with the Surflex in my standard clutch on my 944SS. Didn't have the same experience with the Barnett pack, but then it wasn't in a slipper.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
All work well in the slipper now. Barnett went through a period of bad plates. They seem to have that problem sorted out now. Surflex and STM has supply problems currently. OEM is good but expensive. The most crucial thing is stack height with slippers.

-M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts