Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
anyone have one? whats it like to ride that bad boy haha...anybody got any crazy videos on it..i know www.velocemoto.net has amazing mv/998/rsv videos
Great site....links. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mvagustamadness.com or mvagusta.net for pics and flics

The F-4 Mille is the most ergonomically perfect bike I've ever been on. Fits like the proverbial glove. MV motors are silky-smooth and the 1,000 makes tons of power. Fit and finish is the best I've seen on any motorcycle. I thought the 996 was stunning until I saw an F-4 in the flesh. If I wanted another "superbike" to play with, that would be the one. I own a Brutale and it's an absolute hoot - in town, in the canyons, anywhere. And it's had zero problems while my 996 had too many. Now I can't decide whether to swap the Brutale for a 910R or just get an F-4 to go along with it... LOL

·
Registered
319 Posts
A friend of mine owns one and t is awsome!!! I didn't ride it that hard because I could't afford to buy it if I wrapped it. I am getting ready to start a remodel on his kitchen and told him the MV for my labor in the kitchen...I don't think he bought of on it, but I'm still working on it!!!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Pleased to hear that you like it. But tell me, how is the parts situation ? If I buy one and lay it down do they have any parts available to fix it ???

MikeM said:
mvagustamadness.com or mvagusta.net for pics and flics

The F-4 Mille is the most ergonomically perfect bike I've ever been on. Fits like the proverbial glove. MV motors are silky-smooth and the 1,000 makes tons of power. Fit and finish is the best I've seen on any motorcycle. I thought the 996 was stunning until I saw an F-4 in the flesh. If I wanted another "superbike" to play with, that would be the one. I own a Brutale and it's an absolute hoot - in town, in the canyons, anywhere. And it's had zero problems while my 996 had too many. Now I can't decide whether to swap the Brutale for a 910R or just get an F-4 to go along with it... LOL

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
F#%@ I dunno. I always figured if something went bonkers I'd just go buy another one. I like it that much. I ordered a replacement bracket for a spare rear seat and in showed up in less than a week. So no problem. And the local dealer has filters and crap. Haven't needed or wanted anything else. Bike is kind of odd, in a way. Every other bike I've owned, I've immediately run out and started buying $#!+ to swap out. This one, a rear shock and that's it. I plan to respring/revalve the forks for my weight. And I'm gonna change the mid pipe and the chip. One of these days. I guess. Maybe. Hey, if your dealer gets a 910R, test crash it for me, and let me knwo what you think, will ya? No plans to get one here unless I spec order one, but I got such a screamin deal on the 750 it's gonna be tough to write another check. Besides, I'm a 60hp rider ina 150hp world. ;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
bevel450 said:
Pleased to hear that you like it. But tell me, how is the parts situation ? If I buy one and lay it down do they have any parts available to fix it ???

I was told by the parts guy at Plano, Texas BMW/Ducati/MV/Triumph

that their service was _________ that much better (imagine making that distance with your hand and that's what he did) than Ducati.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm considering the 910 brutale - but damn I love the F4....as future bikes...not sure when though...lol

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Glad to hear. I rode the 910R a few months back, and I was knocked out with it. Appreciate your comment that essentially, there reallly isn't much to add.( And I would hope so, but given human nature..).

Very, very impressive machine. I am waiting to see what the next hot Duc
superbike is. If it disappoints, then off to MV for my next new (!) bike.

MikeM said:
F#%@ I dunno. I always figured if something went bonkers I'd just go buy another one. I like it that much. I ordered a replacement bracket for a spare rear seat and in showed up in less than a week. So no problem. And the local dealer has filters and crap. Haven't needed or wanted anything else. Bike is kind of odd, in a way. Every other bike I've owned, I've immediately run out and started buying $#!+ to swap out. This one, a rear shock and that's it. I plan to respring/revalve the forks for my weight. And I'm gonna change the mid pipe and the chip. One of these days. I guess. Maybe. Hey, if your dealer gets a 910R, test crash it for me, and let me knwo what you think, will ya? No plans to get one here unless I spec order one, but I got such a screamin deal on the 750 it's gonna be tough to write another check. Besides, I'm a 60hp rider ina 150hp world. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
MV as second bike

Being a long time Duc Guy I never really looked at anything else. i have a stock 748 in mellow yellow that I love. While taking my girlfriend to get some custom Ice Skates in San Franscico I was passed by a MV F4 in Red-Silver. What a sight! I checked the phone book and the dealer happened to be on the way back to Tahoe so I stopped by. I'm 50 now and not impressed easily by much of anything anymore. Well that changed today. While I am keeping my 748 for the track, I guarandamn-te that my next bike will be an MV. My only issue which one. The choice for me is one of three. Not in any order the Brutale is interesting naked design and for comfort. The stock exhaust is Sweet. It has a refined quiet intensity that I liked. The F4 1000 is not bad ergonomicly and is probably the prettiest cycle on earth. It just scares the hell out of me to think of damaging it. A possible compromise is a 2003 F4 750 a 2003. Lots less money, great looks and in the middle for horsepower. A mid step up fom my Ducati for track days, though I'm more inclined to ride the MV on the street. It (the MV) is a little heavier than the 748 and probably turns in a bit slower than the Ducati, which is why I will keep the yellow bike.:think:
Comment's?

Tobago Bob

Yellow 748 2002

·
Registered
749 Posts
A quick check on the web has the dry weight of a 748 at around 430lbs and the MV F41000 at 418. So, they're very comparable if not a slight edge to the MV. I find the MV to steer easily. No more difficult than the Duc... if not easier. Would give the exhaust note edge to the soulful and booming Ducati l-twin. An A+. But also find the roar of an I-4 moving and the MV has it nailed. Maybe an A-.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey SFARSON.................Great picture!

Now if anyone knows where a real nice used F4 750 is available......Let me know.........I've got a bad jones for one.............Thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Looks like that boy was goin' down to "'South Park".... ;)

TobagoBob - here are a few thoughts from another long-time Duc guy. Bought a 900SS new in '77. In the intervening years I've ridden more cool Ducatis than a lot of people have seen. Lots of Guzzis, Nortons, BMW race bikes, blah,blah, blah... as well. I actually went thirty YEARS without riding a 4-cylinder bike. LOL

Like you I was blown away by the looks of the MV F-4. But I sold the 996 and opted for the Brutale. Since then I've never wished I had one of the old Ducs back. If I were still racing or screaming the canyons, I'd probably have gone for the F-4, but the Brutale is Fun, Fun, Fun.

If you look hard there may just be one or two leftover 750 Brutales at great prices but the 910's are out and they offer loads of grunt. Have your cake and eat it, too. But no need to make it an either-or proposition. Buy the whole set. Each toy sold separately. Battery included.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
MV 750 SPR asked for/received

Royb said:
Hey SFARSON.................Great picture!

Now if anyone knows where a real nice used F4 750 is available......Let me know.........I've got a bad jones for one.............Thanks
[email protected]
Ask and you shall receive. I just received my monthly spam from ProItalia, and spotted this:

'04 MV Agusta F4 750 SPR
One owner. Collectors bike. #178 of 300 worldwide. 488 miles.

Stock #: Los Angeles_03132006_2

$19,995

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow i want that bike...i saw the same exct model..at fast by ferraci..but it was so beat..i didnt even ask the price...it was a promo bike so it had seen plenty of magazine track tests, photo shoots, and god knows what else...anyone at the ny auto show when some guy droped one? lol stupid people

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
rob said:
Ask and you shall receive. I just received my monthly spam from ProItalia, and spotted this:

'04 MV Agusta F4 750 SPR
One owner. Collectors bike. #178 of 300 worldwide. 488 miles.

Stock #: Los Angeles_03132006_2

$19,995
Rob -- I was looking to buy that EXACT (#178) bike last December ... that's the one I agonized over choosing between that and an '04 749R. I ended up going with the Duc obviously, although one day I hope to own an MV too.

It was funny that last week, someone came in to the Superbike section also confused between that EXACT bike and a 749R -- he ended up purchasing that MV, to compliment another Duc he already owned. So that bike's ... SOLD! to a proud new owner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.