Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been thinking of buying either a monster or hyper, but I came across a '05 Brutale 750 with only 1000 miles for $8900. Does anyone here have any experience with this bike, and if so, how does it compare to the Ducs? Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Totally different bike. Inline water cooled 4 with lots more HP v. tame 2 valve aircooled low HP twin.

·
Registered
923 Posts
still a cool bike regardless. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I love my Brutale 910s...and for that much money you should be able to find a 910 or keep looking for a 750 but i think you can get one for less than that IMO

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ya agreed.. I recently sold my 06 910s for $7,500... ok no I traded it in for MUCH less.. but I was asking for $7,500 hahah

I did really enjoy the Brutale though. It does have some quarks that any company of their size will have. Much like Ducati before they became big.. different problems but still quarks.

The 1st thing people always complain about when it comes to Brutales (or any MV) is the fact that the throttle is very touchy. I personally grew to LOVE that about my Brutale. It actually almost made the I4 feel (kinda sorta) like a v twin. Just mainly in the fact that it was not extra torquey.

The 2nd thing people talk about is the fact the MV's have a problem where the engine would just cut off. It would never happen when you were giving it gas.. However it would do it turn like engine braking. Sometimes it was worse than other. My bike personally didn't have a problem with it.. but other people didn't have as good luck... there are things you can do to "fix" it. But it seems to be caused by serveral things .. so it wasn't just a quick fix.

But other than those 2 things.. The only other problem I had with my 910s ... was that it wasn't the r hahah ... but that's me.

www.mvagusta.net is a great forum for both information and good deals.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Mine was a 750 also, with Moto Corse exhaust and all, a true beauty but I'm a twin kind of guy and the I4 for me was uncomfortable, snatchy throttle, in order to get the bike to shift right I had to pull the gears above 8K rpm, I had a neutral betw. 5th & 6th I couldn't get rid of. The bike is a dream to ride, like a bicycle you can toss her around with no effort but if you're taller than 5'8" it feels cramped, at least that was me. I kind of miss her but the SF I purchased after that, made it all much easier to forget.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I rode a Brutale 750 in Germany 2 years ago when I was stationed there. I was in love with the way the Brutale looked and the superb welds. Gorgeous bike. I was underwhelmed by the power delivery though. I was riding my old S4 Fogerty (916 engine) back then. The 750 engine reminded me of many 600cc bikes you really have to wind it up to get the performance I was used to down low from my Foggy. After half a day ride on fantastic roads and autobahn I really was happy to jump back on my watercooled 113 hp S4. It simply delivered that power to me earlier and easier.

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
I just traded my 749S for a 06 910S for a similar price of the 750 you mention and love it...I did notice that the throttle is sensitive but certainly one gets used to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is way too high for a 750. It is high for a 910 unless it is a 910R.

Keep looking or negotiate hard.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
If you're on a Monster now, make sure you spend some time with it before pulling the trigger - as noted above, this is an entirely different bike than a Monster. I am 6' tall, and I felt like I was on a pocket bike just sitting on the MV - it only got worse during the ride.

Beautiful bike, just make sure you fit on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts