Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best short shield for these bikes? I have been riding without any shield at all, and that seems to be the least noisy option, but it looks funny. Any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks like most are touting the Puig shorty as the quietest. They are on backorder until end of Sep to November AFAIK.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the short dark smoke MSA. It's a nice screen that acts just like not having one on. But of course looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
196 Posts
fabbri sport ?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
i like the EDIT V-Stream Sport (short) screen best thus far. the other screen referenced above is simply mis-typed and is a MRA.

take care,

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
+1 on the MRA Sport shield

·
Registered
196 Posts
i like the Puig Sport (short) screen best thus far. the other screen referenced above is simply mis-typed and is a MRA.

take care,
I also like the Puig sport, but is it really a "short" screen ?

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
I also like the Puig sport, but is it really a "short" screen ?
I meant to say V-Stream Sport....edited above.

Thanks,

·
Registered
545 Posts
OP, I did the same thing, pulled it off entirely and loved it. Tried the Puig shorty and hated it. Even noiser than the stock one if you ask me. I bit the bullet and bought the Pikes Peak screen, which is the smallest I could find. I've only done one ride on it so far, but my initial impression is that its the best I've tried other than going with no shield at all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Buy a short screen, then cut off about 3 inches. For my height, 5'11", it has to be this short to be quiet. Or, just cut down the stock screen, if you are not going to need it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buy a short screen, then cut off about 3 inches.
Why use any screen, for that matter , the black plastics behind the screen do seem to be waterproof ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
OP, I did the same thing, pulled it off entirely and loved it. Tried the Puig shorty and hated it. Even noiser than the stock one if you ask me. I bit the bullet and bought the Pikes Peak screen, which is the smallest I could find. I've only done one ride on it so far, but my initial impression is that its the best I've tried other than going with no shield at all.

Ah. Windscreens. So subjective, and so prone to height and build.

I have the Puig shorty and love it. Works well for me, at my height and the way I ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Buy a short screen, then cut off about 3 inches. For my height, 5'11", it has to be this short to be quiet. Or, just cut down the stock screen, if you are not going to need it.
This is my fourth reduction of the stock screen. I went for a good ride to test it today and combined with my wings, it is almost perfect. If I straighten my back...it is perfect :D

I can reduce the screen in the centre another 10 to 15mm without seeing the horizontal lift bar, and seeing that would look fugly :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can reduce the screen in the centre another 10 to 15mm without seeing the horizontal lift bar, and seeing that would look fugly :eek:
like with a clear type of screen ? :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
unc, Do you have a pattern for your wings? I've seen the thread describing the development, but I didn't see a final template pattern.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts