Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well now that I'm seriously considering a newer hypermotard, looking at the 950 SP or similar, what are some of the must-do mods? I saw a somewhat similar thread for favorite mods on the 1st gen and I browsed through that for some info as well.

Typically I always at least do a 520 kit with gearing change and a slip-on or full system. Seems like most people recommend going down one in the front (14T) and keeping the rear the same.

Do these bikes respond well to full systems vs slip-ons? Is it worth the extra $$$ I've never heard of them before but really like the styes that SC Project offers.

How good are the stock slipper clutch's compared to aftermarket? I've ridden bikes after installing slippers and it's incredible! Do the stock slippers do a good enough job?

I know there are a lot of mods you CAN do, so more curious on the ones that are most bang for your buck kinda thing or most noticeable.
What about clutch slaves and matching Brembo RCS 19 levers? I did those on my 1098, and have always upgraded to some sort of Brembo master on all previous bikes as well.

Thanks for helping point me in the right direction so I can continue to research my options :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I changed the 15T sprocket to a 14T on my 939 SP recently and I'm not impressed. Going back to a 15T. This bike has plenty of torque for the 15T. I feel like it's unnecessarily revving out now. Unlike my Panigale which benefited from a 14T because it was lugging at 70mph in 6th, the Hyper's gearing is perfect for a daily commute or trackday events in my opinion.

My favorite mod has to be the CNC Racing rearsets with the OE racing seat close behind. Full Akra exhaust gets me noticed splitting lanes in morning traffic, so that's a favorite too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input on the 14/15T sprocket, I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

Do you have the ~$1k rearsets? Just looked those up, quite pricey but beautiful! That seat looks like a nice upgrade as well. Thank you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I changed the front sprocket on my 2013 SP to a 14T and changed it back after testing on the freeway. I loved what the 14T did to my 1st gen Multi and 1st Hyper but on my the '13 it was revving uncomfortably at 80mph. Some 821 riders still find the trade-off of cruising at lower speeds (under 30mph) without the engine fighting you, worth it.

I also would go with full exhaust systems as the slip-ons will leave you wanting more. On the first gen hyper you could mate 2-1-2 slip-on termi to the full exhaust - which I did and thought this was the best look. I don't think this is possible with the 950 which sucks because I love those new dual pipes. I got a deal last year on my full termi system for my 821 and saved 20%. The challenge is rationalizing the costs since you won't have too many options yet with 950 being so new.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are a bit pricey but totally worth it if you plan on tracking it.

The 520 drivetrain is a worth while upgrade on any Ducati. Pretty big rotating mass weight loss.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I want those rear sets even more now! Ugh haha

They, as well as other parts, are still not available or limited due to the bike being so new so I’ll have to hold off on some upgrades. It would be both exciting and painful

I think I’d stick with the 15T for now, thanks for that info!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there is nothing you must mod.
just buy, register and drive :wink2:
Whaaaaa? That's no fun. Ok, yes it is. But it's more fun to mod it too haha. I don't think I could even own a vehicle/bike without ever modding it, even if it was just one simple tiny change, I have to at least change something to make it unique to me lol

https://evotech-performance.com/coll...arts/YEAR_2019

Front axle sliders don't seem to be offered yet, but radiator guards, frame and rear axle sliders seem wise ideas.

Rear wheel stand is required:

https://www.pit-bull.com/ducati-hype...ents-f0099-110
Ah yes, sliders and radiator guards, thanks! Ya know, on some past bikes I've opted to not do sliders for aesthetic reasons haha. But they really go well with these bikes from pics I've seen.
I already have a rear stand for my 1098 but it would be nice to have a second rear stand as well. and the 1098 doesn't have a kickstand so I guess I can't swap between bikes.

It’s fine stock but for me the DP race seat, full exhaust & map, & the DP billet foot pegs are my favorite. For vanity a tail tidy is nice too. I did NRC. Foot pegs were on sale for $90 & they mount to the OEM location & still fold.
ah yes the tail tidy/fender eliminator etc, that's a must have on any bike to remove the factory stuff, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts