Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my 1st day with my new (new to me) Hyper, My initial thoughts areas follows: OMFG, LOL, WTF, and nonsensical stuff like that. Seriously though, after a few years of thoughtful searching and patient waiting (I’m a careful “searcher” ) I finally found my dream hyper, and it was sitting under my nose the whole time in the showroom of our friends at the DUCSHOP in Marietta, GA. This particular bike has 3300 miles and the following options:

-Ducati Performance Termignoni full 2-1 exhaust system w/carbon fiber canister
-Ducshop-built Pistal 100mm piston 1123 big-bore kit
-DP Cam kit
-DP Race ECU
-headwork - over 100hp at the rear wheelon Ducshop dyno!
-Ducshop Velocity Stack Kit w/Individual K&N Cone Filters
-Fully custom-mapped fuel-injection w/Rapid Bike Tuning Module
-EVR Slipper Clutch w/lightweight EVR 48T basket and clutch plate set
-STM Ti clutch guard
-Yoyodyne Billet Quick-Change sprocket carrier w/ 15/42 gearing
-DID ERV3 520 gold-link o-ring chain
-Lightweight aluminum rear subframe
-DP race seat,
-DP carbon fiber tank cover
-DP carbon rear fender

Bought it yesterday, and rode all yesterday and today all over north Georgia and the mountains in North Carolina. I rode in pouring rain, sunshine, slick tarmac twisties and highway...grinning and whooping the whole way! I have never ever had so much fun on a bike before... in fact I'm somewhat concerned I may never ride my beloved 749r again! The torque on this thing is just insane, I’m sure my 749R would overtake it at high speeds, but in the twisties it’s almost like cheating how instant the response is (both in power and steering). I do feel like I’m having to relearn how to ride again, can’t figure out if I should ride it like my dirtbike, or like my sportbike. I settled on sportbike style, and the steering stopped twitching so much... but i can barely keep the front wheel down... once I was bent over and as I apexed and started powering out the front came off the ground... scary, I could keep on going, but most of you have heard this rant before from other new owners, so I’ll just take the opportunity to show of pics of my new baby (and just for kicks, I’ll show some of her stablemates of the 2 and 4 wheel variety).

Monstaman... your ride is ready when you decide to come right-side up!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking of getting a license plate that says "PIEGALA" which means "bend her over" in italian... yes, all sexual innuendos are completely intentional and appropriate.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats. I almost bought that. Had emails going back and forth with Kai.

That bike has nothing spared.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Yes Alexio, we have heard this rant from other new owners.:sleep: Just kidding! But most are not talking about buying the bike we all are somewhat striving for.You must be lazy.;) Congratulations! Nice bike.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Watch your mailbox for the adoption papers........Dad.

Can I live in your garage???

Congrats. I hope to be a new owner sometime soon myself.

Dave

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a license plate that says "PIEGALA" which means "bend her over" in italian... yes, all sexual innuendos are completely intentional and appropriate.
Be careful with the innuendos around here. Some of the Mods have a God complex and like to change people's words if they think it might offend someone.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful with the innuendos around here. Some of the Mods have a God complex and like to change people's words if they think it might offend someone.
thanks for the warning Mark. I think we get along though... I respect them, and they seem to be ok with me (I like color just inside the lines :D )

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on the bike.

Ducshop is a class act they are great folks to deal with so I can only image how that bike runs. I want to do the bigbore kit to mine but I've been so happy with the full system and velocity stacks I might not speed the extra $$.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Another cheap plastic red one, what a POS, I must admit it tidied up very well after being written off. :D

alexio .. .well done bro, your dream came through and LOLLIES on the bike, mate they will rot ya teeth.

She will treat you well with shitloads of fun mate, well done.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
After my 1st day with my new (new to me) Hyper, My initial thoughts areas follows: OMFG, LOL, WTF, and nonsensical stuff like that. Seriously though, after a few years of thoughtful searching and patient waiting (I’m a careful “searcher” ) I finally found my dream hyper, and it was sitting under my nose the whole time in the showroom of our friends at the DUCSHOP in Marietta, GA. This particular bike has 3300 miles and the following options:

-Ducati Performance Termignoni full 2-1 exhaust system w/carbon fiber canister
-Ducshop-built Pistal 100mm piston 1123 big-bore kit
-DP Cam kit
-DP Race ECU
-headwork - over 100hp at the rear wheelon Ducshop dyno!
-Ducshop Velocity Stack Kit w/Individual K&N Cone Filters
-Fully custom-mapped fuel-injection w/Rapid Bike Tuning Module
-EVR Slipper Clutch w/lightweight EVR 48T basket and clutch plate set
-STM Ti clutch guard
-Yoyodyne Billet Quick-Change sprocket carrier w/ 15/42 gearing
-DID ERV3 520 gold-link o-ring chain
-Lightweight aluminum rear subframe
-DP race seat,
-DP carbon fiber tank cover
-DP carbon rear fender

Bought it yesterday, and rode all yesterday and today all over north Georgia and the mountains in North Carolina. I rode in pouring rain, sunshine, slick tarmac twisties and highway...grinning and whooping the whole way! I have never ever had so much fun on a bike before... in fact I'm somewhat concerned I may never ride my beloved 749r again! The torque on this thing is just insane, I’m sure my 749R would overtake it at high speeds, but in the twisties it’s almost like cheating how instant the response is (both in power and steering). I do feel like I’m having to relearn how to ride again, can’t figure out if I should ride it like my dirtbike, or like my sportbike. I settled on sportbike style, and the steering stopped twitching so much... but i can barely keep the front wheel down... once I was bent over and as I apexed and started powering out the front came off the ground... scary, I could keep on going, but most of you have heard this rant before from other new owners, so I’ll just take the opportunity to show of pics of my new baby (and just for kicks, I’ll show some of her stablemates of the 2 and 4 wheel variety).

Monstaman... your ride is ready when you decide to come right-side up!
What? No rearsets?!?!?!?!

b

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 550 is a beck-spyder to answer the question posted previously. Tons of fun to drive, 2.2L engine, disks all around... louder than sh!t :D was used as a stand-in for a Discovery Channel show on Ralph Lauren's collection when his wasn't available... it's as exact a replica as it could be I think: http://beckspeedster.com/home.html

rearsets will come eventually... want to be able to carry a passenger maybe so thinking of installing the pass. footpegs which were sold by previous owner. Only other mod I see happening soon is some rizoma resevoirs and some mirrors... don't like the stock ones and they vibrate all over the place.

Important question though: how does everyone ride this thing? Do you lean in, lower shoulder, push on inside bar superbike style? I tried just cranking the steering over and pushing bike below me like off-road but the steering feels wobbly when I do that. Suggestions from seasoned hyper-pros?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Important question though: how does everyone ride this thing? Do you lean in, lower shoulder, push on inside bar superbike style? I tried just cranking the steering over and pushing bike below me like off-road but the steering feels wobbly when I do that. Suggestions from seasoned hyper-pros?
Yeah I'd like some tips too! the bike is in service for the 1000km then it is play time... again...

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
The 550 is a beck-spyder to answer the question posted previously. Tons of fun to drive, 2.2L engine, disks all around... louder than sh!t :D was used as a stand-in for a Discovery Channel show on Ralph Lauren's collection when his wasn't available... it's as exact a replica as it could be I think: http://beckspeedster.com/home.html

rearsets will come eventually... want to be able to carry a passenger maybe so thinking of installing the pass. footpegs which were sold by previous owner. Only other mod I see happening soon is some rizoma resevoirs and some mirrors... don't like the stock ones and they vibrate all over the place.

I ride superbike style... try to get my shoulders and head low, squared off and leaned in... knee out, push on bars and also try to leverage 'em in from time to time... I've tried Motard style, but frankly, I've never been a dirt rider, so it doesn't come naturally, and on top of that, the bars are too low and when I stick my long leg out and shove the bike down, I feel like I can only go so far before touching the bar... and no, I don't plan on putting my leg OVER the bars... ha.

Then again, as the pic I've attached shows... you can get wicked lean angles without ever hanging off at all... as I know a few forum members will attest to.

B

Attachments

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
"Superbike" style, because that's all I know. My dirtbike experience was very limited to trail riding on my old CR125 (yeah wrong bike for trails).

Typically you hang off so you don't need to generate as much lean angle. My problem is from racing and trackdays I feel more comfortable hanging off or sliding off the seat a little when I pick up the pace, and at times it looks squidly on the street.

alexio, lucky man, north Georgia and that area has some great riding, I moved from Atlanta to Austin nearly 6 years old and still miss it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
alexio, ride it like your 749r, for the road it is easier, if you have dirt bike history then Tard style is cool but the weight is much more than a 400 -650 single so just remember that, too much of a hang out can end in tears.

Not all of us are Ruben Xaus and have a free loner bike to show off on and trash for the camera...remember you have to ride yours home AND pay for any miss-communication with the ground.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Definitely like a sportbike. The last time I was fooling about with the GoPro, I shot this footage
Heya MR, we got a new camera under warranty + some cash to make up the difference to get the 170 deg wide 5mp, it arrived with a broken base so they replaced that now we are good to go.

How strong is the hold on the 3m tape?, I think we might invest in a handlebar clamp to take advantage of the trellis frame.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts