Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading tons of good reviews, as well as bad ones (but many many good), i went ahead and started dealing with munroe motors for tank warranty.
It started out great, very fast response, emailed photos because i live over an hour away, wrote back and forth about twice... and then nothing... i waited a bit, and still nothing, i emailed again very nicely asking if he had received my emails, and no reply, called, left voicemail, and nothing, and to this day, no further contact from them. Needless to say i was very dissapointed, i understand they must be very VERY busy, but i would atleast expect a "sorry we cant help at the moment" call or email.
Im not going to go on talking crap about them because i dont know the circumstances of the shop, maybe something happened and they forgot, idk, but i will say i would have atleast expected it to be handled in a bit more of a professional manner.

After my bad experience, i contacted Sacramento Motorcycles, explained the situation and i cant say enough how awesome their customer service and support has been.
i wasnt able to call back in reply to their voicemail one time and when i did they even mentioned they were worried something had happened to me over those few days. Whether or not they meant it i dont know, but it was nice being treated like a valued customer.
The very cool lady in charge of service is named Laura and so far, i'd recommend them to anyone. She mentioned they have done quite a few tank replacements and have had good results dealing with Ducati.
Im still in the process of hearing back from Ducati, but we will see how it goes.
Anyway, i just wanted to share my experiences with these dealers for your future reference.
Ducati's arent just any bikes, and definitely not an cheaply purchased machine, therefore i think we should get treated with respect by the dealers.

ok, rant over... carry on :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
one year ago I went to both my Sacramento dealers for the tank recall and got the run around, repeatedly. Very frustrating.

I tried Ace Motors in Concord and within a week I was approved the following Monday I rode in to get my tank replaced. Lifetime service there now, driving 95 miles instead of the 8 miles to my local dealer.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Everything said here

---

ok, rant over... carry on :)
That's no rant, that's a very respectable thing to do while still being able to get your point across. Good luck, and here's hoping you find a good resolution to your problem!

DT

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one year ago I went to both my Sacramento dealers for the tank recall and got the run around, repeatedly. Very frustrating.

I tried Ace Motors in Concord and within a week I was approved the following Monday I rode in to get my tank replaced. Lifetime service there now, driving 95 miles instead of the 8 miles to my local dealer.
hmmmm, maybe theyre trying a little extra to get me as a customer after i told them what happened in frisco.

i was told about ace by desmoto but never got a chance to get there, glad to see good feedback on them though.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Thats strange. I've always had good service with Munroe when buying parts. Its easier now to do business with A&S in Roseville. Good Times never had anything in stock.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Lots and lots of changes at Ace these days. Paul, my favorite mechanic is gone. Now that Ace bought Hattars, Michael is working both shops. Remains to be seen if all these changes are good or bad. But I feel like a stranger there now, it's not as friendly as before, and I need to re-establish some trust.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Munroe Motors

I have had good dealings with Munroe anytime I've gone there. Jennifer is great to work with, she's been doing parts for years. Purchased my 748 there, my wife's Multi and a Monster from Munroe. I like them!!
Dolph Eley

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
No issues with munroe for my hyper and mv agusta. Nice people, good sense of humor, good communications. Bought parts and did service with them.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I have good luck with Munroe. But some tips on the service front -- they are generally overwhelmed. you have to keep calling and speak to someone -- preferably Dave. do not rely on email or voicemail.

they have some great mechanics who have been very helpful and done solid work on my bike, it just takes more effort on my part to manage the process, which is a bit unfortunate.

and yes, Jennifer is the best, absolutely.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was reviews like all the above that led me to believe it would be good. i dealt with david, and well, unfortunately my experience was as good as any of the mentioned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts