Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
My top case came in and I decided to grab it and install myself. Does anyone here have any instructions as there weren't any in the box. Thanks!
I do not, but can you share what all came w/ your top box? I have one on order and I'm curious about this also.

AFAICT the adapter base plate should screw into the 4 bolt holes on the luggage rack and it should mount there. Did the top box come with the Ducati adapter plate & hardware?

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S Radar & Travel Pack
196 Posts
:unsure:....... Check if the tumbler lock needs resetting to your key before installing into the top case. I asked my dealership if the 3rd tumbler that came with my V4S was set to my key, but no one knew for sure, and the assumption was that it should be.

Setting the tumbler lock to the key is a brain teaser (I have seen video's) so lets hope that was done when the bike was pre-delivered with side cases (eg all three tumblers set to the key).

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S, 2015 KTM Superduke 1290
25 Posts
:unsure:....... Check if the tumbler lock needs resetting to your key before installing into the top case. I asked my dealership if the 3rd tumbler that came with my V4S was set to my key, but no one knew for sure, and the assumption was that it should be.

Setting the tumbler lock to the key is a brain teaser (I have seen video's) so lets hope that was done when the bike was pre-delivered with side cases (eg all three tumblers set to the key).
I ordered the topcase when my bike was delivered. I feel confident I could have installed the base plate, etc. However, I was not as confident I could get the tumbler keyed to my key. So I had the dealer do it. I've seen videos, too. And that's why I paid the dealer. 😁

·
Registered
24 Posts

I installed mine yesterday, the lock was already set to the key. The fun part was trying to figure out the install of the lock without the instructions, which i did find on youtube for a GIVI case.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wanted to save a lot of money on the top case as I didn't want to spend over a $1000 on the Ducati parts. . I will admit I have an extra key( for the Givi topcase) but I saved a load of money. I got the adaptor plate from a company in England. It is virtually the same as the Ducati system. It was made by Iconic Parts. Then I got the Givi Monokey adaptor plate. Then I purchased a Givi monokey top case. All up for about $350 US I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to save a lot of money on the top case as I didn't want to spend over a $1000 on the Ducati parts. . I will admit I have an extra key( for the Givi topcase) but I saved a load of money. I got the adaptor plate from a company in England. It is virtually the same as the Ducati system. It was made by Iconic Parts. Then I got the Givi Monokey adaptor plate. Then I purchased a Givi monokey top case. All up for about $350 US I believe.
Hey there,

can you tell me the adapter plate that will fit v4s? Im struggling to find online what will fit my v4s. Im aiming for trekker monokey but i need exact plate that will fit the bike.

thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
"virtually the same as the Ducati system", except it's not, for the V4S setup. :) The V4S's givi-branded topcase baseplate is designed to move side to side slightly using a rubber bushing to shift travel about 3/4" slowly with a top-bottom plate system so as to not make the mount points of the topcase susceptible to shearing forces with a loaded topbox, and that IMHO is worth the extra money, YMMV.

Thank you for the information. Was the monokey plate exact fit or modification required? Do you have any pics to share?
Do you mean the monokey plate to the givi topbox? If so, yes - they're pretty universal. The iconic link says their topcase baseplate is made for their givi monokey plate in those links, and iconic builds good stuff - you shouldn't have to modify it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No you can't bolt directly. The mounting inserts on the bike are at an angle, and the adaptor plates are made with a slope at the hole and insert connection. I will post some specific photos showing that connection.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts