Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Are you excited for the V4 Multistrada to be announced on Oct 15?

• Yes

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • I coulda had a V8...

Votes: 5 13.2%
141 - 160 of 232 Posts

·
Hammer Down
1,666 Posts
And check this out from the video. Looks like they now have integrated map nav built into the TFT display. And this TFT is wholly new. Looks possibly larger than current TFT and much more like the BMW TFT display (maybe they are sourcing from same supplier). In fact, it looks like they took the BMW TFT display and rotated it 180 degrees. See below:
For me, this gets far more interesting...
Meanwhile BMW chuckles as they just unveiled their new RT with forward (no rear) radar and a 10.25” screen with the ability to see Nav from the phone. You can change the screen config to display mostly Nav if you like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
And more still shots from the IG video. Certainly a new LED lighting scheme. And check out the license plate- V4S. As I suspected they will announce base and S models on Nov 4...

V4S Enduro model:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #144 (Edited)
If you want to watch this video and pause it or scrub it forward & back, go here:

I'm seeing both spoked wheels and forged wheels which may confirm my multiple models theory to be announced on Nov 4-- both a road version (hopefully with 17" front forged wheel) and an enduro version (likely with 19" spoked wheels).

View of the left swing arm on the Enduro model:

Obviously taped over that hollow opening on the mule spy shots:

But NOT taped over on this view of the right swing arm:

And from both these spy shots, the wheel size look the same leading me to believe these are 17" wheels front & back. Agreed?

·
Registered
195 Posts
There's a reason Ducati gets more rpms and horsepower than the other teams on the grid in MotoGP.
(snipped)

But wait, this isn't MotoGP, this is a bike that Ducati wants to lean more towards touring, so if valve springs get them longer service intervals, so be it. I doubt this will become the normal soon. Ithink theyre simply adopting valve springs while keeping Desmo.

Not sure..... in all pictures the front wheel seems to be bigger than the rear one.
I disagree, to me, these test bikes look to have 17/17 but that doesn't mean anything to me. Still could go either way

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think they adopted sprung valves and double sided swing arms for the same reason.

To increase profit margin.
I have been thinking that as well.
Lower engineering tech to pay for unnecessary electronic tech and increase profit margin.

I remember when we all thought self cancelling indicators and electric start were "rider aids".

And as far as the radar is concerned I do everything in my navigating power to stay the fuck away from motorways and traffic when riding.

The new Multi will be available in only two colours Vanilla or Beige.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Self-cancelling indicators seemed like an interesting concept, but in my experience (both with my S1000R and my Multi) is that they wait WAYYYYYYY too long to cancel to be of any use. 500m? Are you kidding?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I’m thinking & seeing the same thing. I think they will announce 2 or more models- a road going Multi with 17” wheels and an Enduro model with 19” spoked wheels

·
Registered
335 Posts
.........There will be 3 models, Multi V4, Multi V4s and Enduro V4.
The 1260 models are dropped and the 950 will be renamed Multi V2, also 3 models, V2, V2s and Enduro V2.
Anyone hearing that the Pikes Peak name will be replaced by Multi V4 R with the Panigale motor?
Not 3 but 4 Multistrada V4. Add the V4R.

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Anyone hearing that the Pikes Peak name will be replaced by Multi V4 R with the Panigale motor?
Not 3 but 4 Multistrada V4. Add the V4R.
I like the direction... the early news seemed to indicate that the model options were reducing, now it's starting to sound like there will be different variants that address the different riders in the segment - that would be great.

Reactions: vfrcapn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Yes. I am now quite certain there will not be only one “do-it-all” model, but rather there will be multiple models announced on Nov 4. My guess is at the very least one road-going model and one enduro/off road model. This would make most business sense (and go-to-market and brand sense) for Ducati. I suspect they will all share this new V4 Grandturismo engine, but will have differing specs like wheel sizes, fairing differences, slight height/weight differences, etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think they adopted sprung valves and double sided swing arms for the same reason.

To increase profit margin.
It's been mentioned before by analyst that a single sided swingarm is more expensive to design and manufacturer than a traditional double sided swingarm so I agree with your profit margin rational. Some have claimed it will lower the weight a bit but that is debatable. The new engine will save three or four pounds...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Dssa can be made stouter to handle offroad forces without adding a lot of weight. But on tarmac sssa’s perform well and weight is not much different. Dssa is a LOT cheaper.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have been thinking that as well.
Lower engineering tech to pay for unnecessary electronic tech and increase profit margin.
And how about unnecessary mechanical complexity? 🙂

There's inline 4 revving at 16-17k without desmo, no problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I think Ducati might have a few more really compelling new features included in the Nov 4 announcement. We all know about the new engine now and the active radar system but I suspect they’ll have to implement some new features to make this model leapfrog ahead of other current competitors. My guess is the new TFT display will have even more cool tech features to enhance & improve the riding experience, amongst other things.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes. I am now quite certain there will not be only one “do-it-all” model, but rather there will be multiple models announced on Nov 4. My guess is at the very least one road-going model and one enduro/off road model. This would make most business sense (and go-to-market and brand sense) for Ducati. I suspect they will all share this new V4 Grandturismo engine, but will have differing specs like wheel sizes, fairing differences, slight height/weight differences, etc.
Of course KTM does this, but the offroad model has a 21" front wheel and the road model has a 19". Of course KTM has the Superduke GT with 17'/17" to cover the dedicated sport/road rider.
If Ducati does not come out with a 17"/17" bike, they will be ceding this market to their competition.

141 - 160 of 232 Posts