Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Are you excited for the V4 Multistrada to be announced on Oct 15?

• Yes

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • I coulda had a V8...

Votes: 5 10.6%
3581 - 3600 of 3619 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
@brianc There is a different part number for the blinkers that do come with the required pigtail adapters for our bikes (96680971BA is the one with pigtails, 96680971AA is without) and they are indeed backordered until 8/17 in the US. I managed to get one from pure-ducati.com and they arrived today, they still list it as an in-stock item as of today so if you're impatient you can try to order from them.

For the TPMS, there are two part numbers, one is for the spoked wheels and one is for the cast wheels. The spoked wheel ones are out of stock and are backordered, I got two of the cast wheel ones (96680672A) for my V4S Sport but during the install my dash upgrade failed so now I have a bricked bike that is waiting for a bootloader loop fix or a new dash at the dealer. I'll learn more about that on Tuesday.

Sounds like your topcase baseplate came fully assembled, a few of us got them in pieces where the rubber springs and sliders had to be put together before the two sides of the baseplace could be put together. It was a huge pain in the rear. I got my 3rd tumbler in a baggy with my red key and manuals from the dealer for the top case when I got my bike delivered, same as my 2011 MTS1200.

·
Registered
471 Posts
@brianc There is a different part number for the blinkers that do come with the required pigtail adapters for our bikes (96680971BA is the one with pigtails, 96680971AA is without) and they are indeed backordered until 8/17 in the US. I managed to get one from pure-ducati.com and they arrived today, they still list it as an in-stock item as of today so if you're impatient you can try to order from them.

For the TPMS, there are two part numbers, one is for the spoked wheels and one is for the cast wheels. The spoked wheel ones are out of stock and are backordered, I got two of the cast wheel ones (96680672A) for my V4S Sport but during the install my dash upgrade failed so now I have a bricked bike that is waiting for a bootloader loop fix or a new dash at the dealer. I'll learn more about that on Tuesday.

Sounds like your topcase baseplate came fully assembled, a few of us got them in pieces where the rubber springs and sliders had to be put together before the two sides of the baseplace could be put together. It was a huge pain in the rear. I got my 3rd tumbler in a baggy with my red key and manuals from the dealer for the top case when I got my bike delivered, same as my 2011 MTS1200.
Thank you for clarifying! I'll let my parts guy know about the LED part numbers - the box he gave me (no pigtail adapters) had the same part # on the label as the one you listed that shows on the Ducati parts page the dealer uses (96680971BA).

I'll also let them know about the TPMS dongle part numbers also - luckily the one he ordered for me already is for the cast wheels.

Glad to hear you and others have this info - my dealer certainly doesn't! No fault of their own, really - I walked through the parts ordering website portal Ducati has (and their dealers use?) and nothing we found had any info or difference between the two TPMS dongles.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did you check the entire box? The pigtails were hidden it the little top compartment.
You are correct. I am an idiot.

Edit - for those not sure what I'm talking about, here's a picture of the box. The LED sequential turn signals and their wires are shown here, and the wire connectors to the signal are tucked into the lower (the 'left') part of the box where the signal mount points are tucked in at. The 2 wiring harness connectors needed to actually plug them into the bike are tucked up hidded into the top (the 'right' from this angle) compartment area above the turn signal blinker tips.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad you found them! Good stuff!

My bike is still disabled and dealer is working with Italy to get the dash out of the boot loop and upgraded. No MTS for me for a while. #sadpanda

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,586 ·
Was at my dealer for a quick service light fix on my Diavel. Spotted this Sport model outside with the smoked touring windscreen and winglets. Also had the larger handlebar deflectors as well as the top case mount. FWIW to anyone considering these options:

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
279 Posts
Is that a customers bike or used for sale?? Tinted windshield, larger hand guards, and the DP tail plate...

·
Super Moderator
5,509 Posts
For those who are wondering...this is the Givi mount for the top case:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,591 · (Edited)
Is that a customers bike or used for sale?? Tinted windshield, larger hand guards, and the DP tail plate...
It did appear to have a temp license tag so it’s likely a customer bike in for service. I did see another new Multistrada V4S outside in the group that still needed some assembly. I checked the VIN and it was on the list for engine swap. So these defective bikes are still making their way through the supply chain.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Picked up the Ducati Performance engine protection plate yesterday and installed it today on my lunch break.
The fitting is consistent with my previous experience from DP, so... crap. To be precise, the fitting is actually ok, once you struggled 30min with the parts. And I have to remove it for my next oil change...

Ducati took it a step further with the instructions too. No more black and white instructions printed on a printer running out of ink. Nope, in fact, no more instruction at all.
I cannot thank enough the Ducati.ms folks, especially Damansidhu, for sending them the pdf so quickly.

So, this is what in the box:

The kits also comes with 4 rubbers grommets.
The 2 wider ones go in the front, the 2 others in the back.
Ducati provides a 5th grommet, to plug the airbox drain hose.
The little bracket that holds the canister hose has to be moved from the OEM plate.

I was surprised to see it's actually 2 plates bolted to eachother using 3 tiny bolts torqued to 10 -/+10% Nm.
Not sure why they didnt go with a single-piece design. I might be wrong, but in the event of scrapping that plate on a rock, those bolts are gone and the plate immediatly useless.

Once put together, you can reuse the existing hardware to mount it. 2 bolts in the front are torqued to 10 -/+10% Nm.
The 2 bolts in the back at 20 -/+10% Nm.

The 3rd small plate is a protection piece for the rear brake master cylinder. You have to use the 2 black bolts and 2 black spacers provided to install it. 2 bolts at 10 -/+10% Nm.

To remove the OEM plate, you dont need to remove the 2 lower winglets.
To install the new plate, because the fitting requires a bit of force and a lot of bitching, it is easier to remove the 2 lower winglets. 3 nuts on one side, 1 nut and 2 bolts on the other side. Unknown torque values.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Fantastic narrative! 😂
Ok, now the jokes out of the way, is it possible the 3 bolts on the bottom of the plate are to be only finger tightened first, and then get the plates lined up and installed on the sides? Then after getting all the bolts that mount the plate to the bike secured, THEN finish tightening the underside plate bolts?
In other words, was it designed so there is some 'flex/slide' of the plate so it will be easier to get everything lined up for the install?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Fantastic narrative! 😂
Ok, now the jokes out of the way, is it possible the 3 bolts on the bottom of the plate are to be only finger tightened first, and then get the plates lined up and installed on the sides? Then after getting all the bolts that mount the plate to the bike secured, THEN finish tightening the underside plate bolts?
In other words, was it designed so there is some 'flex/slide' of the plate so it will be easier to get everything lined up for the install?
Thx! :LOL:
I think it has been 10 years since I last installed a Ducati or Termignoni part, and it was almost a relief to see that some things never changed!

That's also what I did, the 3 bolts were only placed and finger tightened to allow enough play later on. I knew that play would eventually be needed at the end of the install. I wasnt expecting it to need that much of pulling to fit properly.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,597 ·
FYI

Ducati | Friday 16 July 2021
June 2021 is the best month ever for Ducati which closes the first half of the year with strong growth

Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 16 July 2021 – The very positive trend continues for Ducati which, at the end of the first six months of 2021, delivered 34,485 motorcycles to enthusiasts, recording an increase of + 43% over 2020 and + 9% over the same period of 2019.

June in particular was the best month ever for the company with 8,598 units sold worldwide.

The order portfolio (motorcycles to be delivered) is the highest ever recorded by the company at the end of the first half, with + 63% compared to the same period in 2020 and a growth of + 284% compared to 2019.

Francesco Milicia, VP Global Sales Director Ducati: “The month of June was the best-ever for the company, confirming the positive trend that began with the excellent second half of 2020 and with the significant growth in the first quarter of this 2021. Despite the great complexity recorded in the supply sector and transport, with delays in deliveries and a scarcity of various raw materials, and the difficulties generated by the many lockdowns experienced in these first six months of 2021 in various parts of the world, Ducati recorded truly significant growth, exceeding pre-Covid values by almost 10%. The order portfolio is also excellent, demonstrating the fact that enthusiasts are appreciating the 2021 range and the family of Ducatisti is expanding more and more".

The robust growth is led by Australia (+ 82%), Italy (+ 55%) which confirms itself as the top market with 6,071 motorcycles, Japan (+ 53%) and North America (+ 51%).

Jason Chinnock, North America Chief Executive Officer: “Sales in first half of 2021 are some of the best we’ve experienced in North America. Not only do we have an outstanding product line-up coupled with incredible team at Ducati, but we must also recognize the outstanding role played by our dealer network who have adapted to the market opportunities and focused on delivering the experience that our new owners and loyal Ducatisti deserve.”

The bikes most delivered to Ducatisti are the Multistrada V4, the first motorcycle in the world equipped with front and rear radar and recently released in North America, the Scrambler Ducati 800 driven by the success of the Nightshift and Icon Dark versions and the Streetfighter V4, the incomparable super-naked Ducati.

Excellent numbers also for the new Monster , which arrived on the global market in April. Characterized by brilliant and easy-to-manage performance, it is a concentrate of fun thanks to its lightness, a nimble and intuitive chassis and state-of-the-art electronic equipment.

The new Diavel 1260 S "Black and Steel", which draws inspiration from the "Materic" concept presented at Design Week in Milan and the Hypermotard 950 SP in the new dynamic livery that recalls the racing world, have just arrived in European Ducati dealers and due for release into North America in September.

Ducati is present in over 90 countries around the world with 769 dealers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
*"Demand far outstripped the supply especially regarding the Multistrada V4S, with Celebrity HooDooGuru forsaking the Multistrada platform and opting for the Diavel in a private sale. Ducati North America had no comment."
😂😂😂

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thx! :LOL:
I think it has been 10 years since I last installed a Ducati or Termignoni part, and it was almost a relief to see that some things never changed!

That's also what I did, the 3 bolts were only placed and finger tightened to allow enough play later on. I knew that play would eventually be needed at the end of the install. I wasnt expecting it to need that much of pulling to fit properly.
Mine went on perfectly fine with little fanfare or issue. And I installed it twice because they have to come off to get the crash bars on and I did them in the wrong order.

·
Registered
471 Posts
*"Demand far outstripped the supply especially regarding the Multistrada V4S, with Celebrity HooDooGuru seemingly forsaking the Multistrada platform and opting for the Diavel in a private sale. Yet he still posts regularly on its most prominent owner's forum to learn all he can about Ducati's top-selling new Multistrada offering and all its game-changing features, until such day as he can be worthy of owning such a technologically superior platform. Ducati North America had no comment."

I copied/pasted the whole paragraph for you to get the part you left off. :)

3581 - 3600 of 3619 Posts