Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Are you excited for the V4 Multistrada to be announced on Oct 15?

• Yes

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • I coulda had a V8...

Votes: 5 10.6%
3561 - 3580 of 3619 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
16 Posts
It's $850.00, charged as an accessory purchase. So if you have a good relationship with your dealership and get a discount on accessories, you should get it on the ACC activation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another question.. i picked up the top case today for the V4 but it didn't come with a cylinder for the lock. I'm assuming I need to order that separately? I would have thought the lock comes with the case TBH.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Another question.. i picked up the top case today for the V4 but it didn't come with a cylinder for the lock. I'm assuming I need to order that separately? I would have thought the lock comes with the case TBH.
I believe on the 1200 DVT and 1260 the extra lock cylinder actually came pre-keyed with the bike itself, I know mine did.

Reactions: damansidhu

·
Registered
471 Posts
I didn't get one with my stuff as part of my purchase 2 weeks ago, so yeah - it'll likely need to be ordered and/or your dealer may have one in stock and it gets keyed to your fob key.
Sounds about right, given that they didn't even equip the first run V4S bikes with TPMS dongles for cast wheels, apparently.

Edit - I stand corrected, there is indeed a lock cylinder in the toolkit for a topcase. Faith in Ducati restored, this is the greatest motorcycle ever (that doesn't come with TPMS dongles installed already).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe on the 1200 DVT and 1260 the extra lock cylinder actually came pre-keyed with the bike itself, I know mine did.
I found it in the packet the dealer had given me, thank you for the tip!
I didn't get one with my stuff as part of my purchase 2 weeks ago, so yeah - it'll likely need to be ordered and/or your dealer may have one in stock and it gets keyed to your fob key.
Sounds about right, given that they didn't even equip the first run V4S bikes with TPMS dongles for cast wheels, apparently.
Seems like this was not botched at least this time. I found it with my manuals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My top case came in and I decided to grab it and install myself. Does anyone here have any instructions as there weren't any in the box. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My top case came in and I decided to grab it and install myself. Does anyone here have any instructions as there weren't any in the box. Thanks!
I just installed it today. It’s pretty straight forward install when it comes to the top box. There are 4 bolts for the base plate and the top box goes on top. For the matching cover the screws go in from the inside of the case.

Only thing I had to figure out was how to install the lock cylinder. Look up how to replace a Givi lock on YouTube. You will need the lock cylinder that would have come with the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m planning to install the sump guard and crash bars next. Does anyone have torque recommendations for the bolts for these from Ducati or know where I can find them?

·
Registered
'21 Multistrada V4S
51 Posts
My TPMS units showed up Friday and will be installed next Saturday when the ACC gets turned on. I have cast wheels so I could get the TPMS from stock, the ones for the spoke wheels are not available in the US.

I tried my luck at the dealer today to try to get the ACC turned on but no luck, they were overbooked with no free techs and they said that to turn the ACC on they will have to hand out the manual addendum which they have ordered but do not have in stock yet.
I attached the radar manual as a PDF file if anybody would like a copy. It makes for a pretty interesting read. Mine is being turned on this week.

Marc

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good luck with getting it turned on. My dealer just called me today and said they will not be able to turn the ACC on on Saturday due to Ducati NA not furnishing install instructions to them yet. It could be weeks if not more before it can be enabled.

They are also required to furnish a paper manual of the PDF that you listed at time of installation. The manual is no different than the first 30 pages in the generic English manual that had been available on the Ducati UK site since start. The EU manual starts with those 30 pages, in the US we get instructions on how to use Ducati Connect...

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I bought the side bags for my V4S, three cylinder locks came with the bags.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good luck with getting it turned on. My dealer just called me today and said they will not be able to turn the ACC on on Saturday due to Ducati NA not furnishing install instructions to them yet. It could be weeks if not more before it can be enabled.
I was told the same thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't want to keep scrolling through post on this thread for specific information so I just started a new thread on this topic. It seems that if your bike is already calibrated from the factory they can turn it on without the jig as I know a dealership that did this already. BUT if it is out of spec they will need a specail jig with mirrors to get it into calibration.

MTS V4S Getting Adaptive Cruise/Blind Spot Radar Activated | Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello all,
I posted this on the Multi V4 thread on Advrider also - not sure if this is old news but yesterday I learned that the LED turn signals option for the V4S shares the same part # with the current Ducati Performance LED turn signal kit, but the one for the V4S shows 2 additional wiring connector harnesses (presumably adapters). Found this out when I went to install them the other night and they won't plug in.
The LED signals listed as the V4S accessory in the online parts browser will show the indicator "w.h." part - and appear currently backordered for the US dealers.

I also learned that the TPMS dongles have 2 separate part numbers and the parts guy could not determine the distinction between each? Also note that if you order "TPMS" you're ordering one dongle - so get two.

In other news, the topcase came in and I installed it and I love the new baseplate that moves side to side to cushion side load forces on the mount points / subframe. Also I think we solved this but the bike should come with a 3rd tumbler (2 in your panniers) that's keyed to the bike for the topcase.

3561 - 3580 of 3619 Posts