Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Are you excited for the V4 Multistrada to be announced on Oct 15?

• Yes

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • I coulda had a V8...

Votes: 5 10.6%
3361 - 3380 of 3416 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
X
The Diavel is the farthest thing from boring. It is not as practical as a Multistrada. Although the MS is not boring, the Diavel is way less boring.
The Multi is geared much taller. Go up 2-3 teeth in the rear on the Multi & the excitement gap closes. Then go find corners & the Multi will leave the Diavel (with equal riders).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Haha brilliant!
but you missed one key metric so I added that for you:
Did you see this? Hope you don't like it more than red... only thing better than a red Ducati is a Yellow one. (Does Partial count? lol)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,364 ·
Did you see this? Hope you don't like it more than red... only thing better than a red Ducati is a Yellow one. (Does Partial count? lol)

Yup, saw that announcement when Ducati went live with it on YouTube. While I do think it's a cool design, it's not for my taste personally. My first Ducati must be red:

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S Radar & Travel Pack
68 Posts
Good luck with the 1260S Diavel...... they are a blast ....... but........ long wheelbase and fat rear tyre = don't back off in a tight corner........... they are better than most cruisers, but won't handle like a sports or sport tourer, so think before you blink and keep that front wheel pointed into the turn.

I test rode a hotted up Devil and loved it, and a mate of mine (an ex MX pro racer) had one before his current 1200DVT...... but he is one of those who uses 100% of the tyre and scrapes everything just because he can....... and the Diavel scrapes a lot........ but for my mere mortal abilities, I can warn that you can lose the front end so fast if you get tempted to ride outside your ability, so take the time to master that :devilish: bike.

(y)

Reactions: HoodooGuru

·
Registered
499 Posts

Bringing back yellow is one of the few good styling moves from VW Audi.
I divide the history of Ducati into the Classic Era, Golden Era & VW/Audi Era.
In the Classic era (post WII until early Pantah), colors were all over the place; silver, blue, black, red, yellow/orange. Honestly, red was just another color in that era.
In the Golden Era (late 80s-2013) yellow was nearly as big a deal as red, especially in the 90s when the foundation of Ducati as a true global force was laid.
In the Modern VW/Audi era, red has dominated. I think it was pushed as part of the whole “two wheel Ferrari” nonsense. I’ll admit to having used that expression, but only when talking to people who are clueless about motorcycles.

I like red & my current bike is red after one yellow & two black Ducs. However, if you really look at Ducati’s history, red is part of it, but far from all of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts

You can even make a proper tour with Diavel, I drove all the way from Finland to Alps, French Riviera and Toscana in Italy with this set up.

Personally for a long trip I would choose Diavel over Multi.

·
Registered
71 Posts

You can even make a proper tour with Diavel, I drove all the way from Finland to Alps, French Riviera and Toscana in Italy with this set up.

One can also pull a camping trailer with a Ferrari.

Reactions: potomacduc

·
Registered
- 2020 Multistrada 1260S GT / 2014 848 Evo Corse SE
230 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,373 ·
I'm guessing this thread is dead now with @HoodooGuru being out and about on a Diavel.

I'm happy to report that I took delivery of my V4S Sport this morning and the bike is everything I hoped it would be and then some. Glad I got the Sport, the livery is very nice on this bike.

View attachment 1010132
Nice dude! Beautiful bike for sure. And no, I have not quite gone away... as I was busy picking up my new Diavel this afternoon (and riding home in 102F heat!) 🥵

Glamor shots to follow soon...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm guessing this thread is dead now with @HoodooGuru being out and about on a Diavel.

I'm happy to report that I took delivery of my V4S Sport this morning and the bike is everything I hoped it would be and then some. Glad I got the Sport, the livery is very nice on this bike.

View attachment 1010132
Congrats! You will enjoy it. I have just over 500 miles on mine since picking it up last week. Still learning how to use all the features. Been riding it in Touring mode mostly.

·
Registered
39 Posts

View attachment 1010132
Great looking bike. Did the Akro slip on sound different than the standard exhaust? In the few videos showing that exhaust it was hard to tell that there was much difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice dude! Beautiful bike for sure. And no, I have not quite gone away... as I was busy picking up my new Diavel this afternoon (and riding home in 102F heat!) 🥵

Glamor shots to follow soon...
Congrats on picking up your new bike. I’m sure it was a fun ride even with the heat.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts

View attachment 1010132
Congratulations! If you enjoy yours as least 1/2 as much as I do mine, you will be very pleased.

I took my V4S to the desert yesterday afternoon just to check out how well it handles heat. I spent a couple hours in temperatures that ranged from 109-113. I was never uncomfortable. It really is impressive the way it vents hot air away from the rider. The lower vents do their job too.

if you have some time, read the manual. It will explain a lot about the bike and make sense of some pretty cool features. After 1,000 miles change some settings in the ride modes and you will have a whole new bike with more excitement. Oh boy!

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
67 Posts
I hope this thread isn't done yet. I'm getting my Akra race exhaust installed today, can't wait to pick it up after work! Bike is super fun to ride, hope the extra growl expresses the amount of fun I have riding it!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,380 ·
Hey fellas- I must say I’m LOVING this Diavel. What a sweet machine:

And how ironic- last night I was out to gas up this Devil only to see a Ducati Multistrada V4S pass right by me heading to the same gas station. These Ducati’s gotta love that ethanol-free stuff. 👍

3361 - 3380 of 3416 Posts