Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Sidestand may break.

NHTSA Recall ID Number :19V825Manufacturer :Ducati North AmericaSubject :Side Stand May Break
Make​
Model​
Model Years​
DUCATI​
MULTISTRADA 1260​
2018​

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just the 2018 models or does it extend to the 2019 models? Link provides no details

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the 2018 models or does it extend to the 2019 models? Link provides no details

Tbh. When this recall applied to the Diavel it only included the 2011. Then later it applied to the 2012.
However, call your Dealer and see if they will apply this to the 2019. My thinking being that maybe the same parts where used as from the 2018 model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tbh. When this recall applied to the Diavel it only included the 2011. Then later it applied to the 2012.
However, call your Dealer and see if they will apply this to the 2019. My thinking being that maybe the same parts where used as from the 2018 model.
Good idea

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
There was one for the 2015 as well. What are they making these out of? Cutting corners?

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
it's been a known problem for years. when I was buying my 2012 MTS the sales guy warned me not to sit on it leaning on the kickstand.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Interesting, you'd think I would have received an email from Ducati letting me know, I always seem to find out about recalls from message boards.

EDIT - Just received a recall letter on 1/15/2020.

·
Registered
294 Posts
18 minutes warranty reimbursement. No wonder techs hate warranty work. Does the bike magic itself up on the lift table, and back off? They're supposed to plug the bike in to the DDS and perform all updates every time it's in the shop, but those updates alone can take that long.

It's wise not to watch the sausage being made, I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
18 minutes warranty reimbursement. No wonder techs hate warranty work. Does the bike magic itself up on the lift table, and back off? They're supposed to plug the bike in to the DDS and perform all updates every time it's in the shop, but those updates alone can take that long.

It's wise not to watch the sausage being made, I guess.
Not just Ducati do that... seems like warranty rates for nearly every vehicle mfgr are pure BS... but of course when it's customer paid work you'd be amazed at how that 18 minute estimate changes. They basically force their service organizations to either cut corners OR overcharge customers to make ends meet.

Reactions: johnrobb1

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Not just Ducati do that... seems like warranty rates for nearly every vehicle mfgr are pure BS... but of course when it's customer paid work you'd be amazed at how that 18 minute estimate changes. They basically force their service organizations to either cut corners OR overcharge customers to make ends meet.
Many years ago (Really!) , we delivered a new 750 Paso (See?) and the owner called in with a leaky fork seal a couple days later. Cagiva NA said it would pay 30 minutes to change the one fork seal, not both.
My boss asked him how in the hell can you change one fork seal in 30 minutes with the fork still on the bike?
The former dirt bike mechanic on the other end said he could just barely get it done with no blood spilled...
A$$hole...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts